584,802 active members*
4,822 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EnRoute > importing to enroute 5.1

importing to enroute 5.1

We have enroute 5.1 software and we been having problems the last few months importing DXF or DWG files. They come over with just the template and not the drawings. I am told it is drawn from fusion 360 program. I tried saving it in a different verision from truview and still same problem. Talked to SAI enroute people and want to sell me newer program. This is no fun. tom

Re: importing to enroute 5.1

What Autocad DXF versions have you tried? I usually have good luck importing into Enroute using the R14 and R11 DXF versions. If you have another program that can open the files have you tried using it to convert to a different file format all together. Enroute 5.1 will probably struggle with most any file format newer than about 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by rctoma View Post
    We have enroute 5.1 software and we been having problems the last few months importing DXF or DWG files. They come over with just the template and not the drawings. I am told it is drawn from fusion 360 program. I tried saving it in a different verision from truview and still same problem. Talked to SAI enroute people and want to sell me newer program. This is no fun. tom
    Just playing in CNCzone forums this evening and stumbled on your post from back in May. Have you sorted this yet?

If not ask your customer to save the Fusion 360 file as a .STL file. Then you can import that into Enroute. At least it worked going from Fusion 360 into Enroute 6. I don't think there was a significant change in the import engine between 5 and 6 though.

BH Davis

Quote Originally Posted by bhdavis1cnc View Post
    Just playing in CNCzone forums this evening and stumbled on your post from back in May. Have you sorted this yet?

If not ask your customer to save the Fusion 360 file as a .STL file. Then you can import that into Enroute. At least it worked going from Fusion 360 into Enroute 6. I don't think there was a significant change in the import engine between 5 and 6 though.

BH Davis
    You can import STL's but they will not be as accurate after you make Base reliefs from them. But they might be good enough for what you are doing. But generally you need the older version of DXF's and DWG's. I'm talking 2000 or R12 version of these file formats. Newer software has all kinds of extra stuff in the file that Enroute can't read and mixes it up.

I fight with this all of the time. If Fusion cannot export an older DXF file format. Tell them they have to export the Fusion files in a format to another software that can that can. If they are designing in meshes they can use Blender if they are adept enough in Blender.