584,862 active members*
5,497 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

fanuc 6t parameter problem

hi all
    my friend have cnc lathe whitch control is fanuc 6T.
    one month ago all parameters was ereased. we entered all parameters good. but parameter no123 and 124 was changed when we run the machine. and spindle run in a permanent speed.
    spindle running in permanent speed and only one side. its not revercing.
    please help me it tis?
    any one have its full perameter plese send me.
    moghul

Parameter 124 and 125 may change automatically on the 6T, since these parameters are for "Automatic Drift Compensation". When you turn the control on and the servos become enabled, they should not "jump". On older Fanuc controls, you had to set the "drift" on each servo manually by turning an adjustment pot on the servo board to prevent them from jumping. On the 6T, the control automatically detects this "jump" and compensates for it by putting a small number in parameter 124 (for x) or 125 (for z). If this value exceeds 500, then the servo is too far out of adjustment for the control to automatically compensate. Don't worry if these two parameters change, so long as the numbers are smaller than 500.

Parameters 120, 121, 122, and 123 are for setting the maximum spindle speeds in each gear. If these parameters are not correct, they will affect the spindle speed. Parameter 120 should be set to the speed in the lowest gear (in RPM) when the motor is running at maximum speed. Parameter 121 is for the second gear, parameter 122 is for third gear, and parameter 123 is for the highest gear. If your spindle only has a 2-speed headstock, then only parameters 120 and 121 are used. There are many other parameters that affect how the spindle runs, and there are 3 types of spindle drive interfaces (0-10v analog signal, 12-bit binary signal, and S-code BCD signal). If your lathe has a variable speed AC or DC spindle motor, you probably have either 10v analog or 12-bit binary output to the spindle drive.

Be sure that when you test the spindle speeds that you are NOT in Constant Surface Speed (CSS) or G96. Look on the "command" page to see the list of currently effective G-codes. You should see "G97" or CSS Cancel. Then, when you MDI a spindle speed, you should get the RPM you enter with the S-code.

hello
    i will check the machine as u said.
    do u have full details of 6t parameters?
    moghul

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fritz View Post
    Parameter 124 and 125 may change automatically on the 6T, since these parameters are for "Automatic Drift Compensation". When you turn the control on and the servos become enabled, they should not "jump". On older Fanuc controls, you had to set the "drift" on each servo manually by turning an adjustment pot on the servo board to prevent them from jumping. On the 6T, the control automatically detects this "jump" and compensates for it by putting a small number in parameter 124 (for x) or 125 (for z). If this value exceeds 500, then the servo is too far out of adjustment for the control to automatically compensate. Don't worry if these two parameters change, so long as the numbers are smaller than 500.
    Hello. I'm working with a FANUC 6T system. Sometimes, after 8 or 9 hours of continuos working, It shows on the screen the alarm 412 (Drift on X axis is excesive) during one second or less, then the machine stops showing the next message 'NOT READY' .
    I checked the parameters in your las comment, and it's configured for automatic drift compensation. The parameter 124 is not variable the first six or seven hours (value='0' usually, or '+-2'), but the last days, after that time (seven hours) the parameter changes continuously, since 0 to 500 or more (when the machine stops). I turned off and turned on, but the status doesn't change. I have to wait one hour for continue working without this error.
    I changed the parameter to disable automatic drift compensation, but the cutting trajectory changes severely, so it was not a good solution.
    May you can Help me with any idea.
    Thanks a lot.

Just a shot, is it a slant bed lathe? If so is the X counter balance working OK?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Sorry, I'm just programing the machine but i don't know if the machine has a counter balance. I think it doesn't have it. It's a slant bed lathe (Mori Seiki SL4).
    I haven´t cheked all parts yet because I haven't worked in the maintenance of this kind of machines before. Could it be a servoamplifier problem or a mechanical problem.
    Thanks for your answers

I have seen this kind of fault on both Fanuc and Mazak (Mitsubishi) slant bed lathes, a means counter balance is used due to the very heavy tool turret.
    If the counter balance is not working it exerts a heave pressure on the X axis servo.
    Often the C.B. is of a hydraulic cylinder in nature that has an adjustable pressure relief for accurate balance.
    Often there is a brake or shot pin used to lock the axis when the power is off to stop the axis back feeding down when the power is off.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Hello.

Yesterday the machine falied again, but this time the turret started to falling slowly. I pushed the emergency stop button but it continued moving. I had to turn off the machine to stop it.

I'll check all x-axis parts, specially the brake and counter balance if it has.

Thank you.

Hello. This week we checked the magnetic clutch, and you were right, it was deteriorated. We repaired it manually and now the machine is working OK.

Many thanks for your Help !!!!!

Have a happy New year !!!