584,857 active members*
4,133 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123
    What kind of a machine do you have? If it is a Bridgeport CNC Boss4/5/6 style then speed control is done with a vari disk setup and may just need to loosen nut on front of dial and turn till speed shown is correct, then tighten. If your using an invertor - probably not since you mentioned contactors, check parameters in control setup screen and gear parameters in param section.

Hi Ajax,
    Can you quote me on a full retrofit kit for a tree journeyman 425? I'd need the x,y,z motors, amp and full control (ie everything but the spindle motor). Also I'd like the abillity to release the chuck (no toolchanger, rather holders on the table where I move to, z-down, release, zup, move to next tool, etc). Never did a retrofit but am a retired computer systems (hardware) engineer, so I'm not intimidated... How easy is the install? Do I need to do anything weird to sync the motion of the axis after instal or is it pretty muc plug and play? Do you have mastercam posts for the controller?
    Chris OSF Inc

Hello...have been talking with a salesman from Ajax concerning a R2E3 to Ajax conversion. I sent him a picture of the data plate of one of the REM DC servos that are on my machine and was told that there would be no problem using my sevos with your system. I am still very much interested as I want to upgrade this machine, within a specific budjet. I would also like to modify your original quote to include more. I am planning to have this conversion completed by spring.
    Please see my post in the "Bridgeport/ Hardringe forum
    Thankyou in advance
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by AjaxCNC View Post
    All of our DC servo drives are digital, and are manufactured by Centroid Corporation in their facility in PA.
    What is he difference between digital and analog servos?

^^ Analog servo drives use feedback methods other than a ecoder in most cases. As DC brush digital drives rely only on the encoder for feedback. And instead of 5lb of capacitors and resistors in the drive they have microchips the size of potato chips.
    Dennis

hi, i have a kit from ajax, and I am trying to hook it up but I don't understand how to hook up the wiring for output 15. There is not 4 wires for the relay. Can anyone help me.

I do not understand the 4 wires. If this is like the SERVO3IO you will either have a dry relay contact or a relay driver for use with an external relay.

Darek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AJAX01.jpg  

yes this is the servo3IO and I don't understand the wiring for out 13, out 14 and 15. I do understand when it shows me the two signal contacts and the two switched contacts but I don't quite get it when there is only one swiitched contact

Which connector on the SERVO3IO are you working with and what are you trying to turn on?

Darek

the spindle cw,ccw,and such, out 13, out 14 and out 15 pertain to the spindle

Here is what I am looking at.

Darek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AJAX02.jpg  

yes but I don't understand it. the spindle cw and spindle ccw are output signals right? they trigger the relay? if they do , the switched connections are spindle direction com and what?

Do you have a spindle drive or forward and reverse contactors?

This would be for contactors.

Darek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AJAX03.jpg  

I have a spindle drive. I also am questioning the areas of {spindle reset no, nc and com} and spindle enable no
    nc, and com. I assume that they are all the same configuration, according to the schematic.

Here is the diagram for a spindle drive.

Darek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AJAX04.jpg  

SCM Router retrofit

I have a SCM 3 axis router, model is a 1994 Record 2 C.
    Input power is 3 phase 380 volt 50 Hz.
    It also has a 9 drill block and auto tool changer of the carosel type 10 tools.
    X is 3200mm (45 meters per minute ), Y is 1100mm, and Z is 300mm. ( both 25 meters per minute).
    It is fitted with a NUM 750 control and has Yaskawa AC brushless servo motors with encoders on all axis. (powers from 300 watt to 1500watt)
    The motors are driven by Yaskawa CACR-SR driver amplifiers.
    The drill block appears to be operated with a stepper motor.
    I am constantly having difficulties with the NUM control and parts and service are becoming harder to get.
    I have rebuilt all the machines mechanical parts ball screws, guides and spindle etc and it is a huge 6500kg, very accurate unit with 3 axis interpolation and I would like to retain it but with some new control parts/drives.
    What I want to know is what should I be looking at from your company and have you supplied a kit to retrofit a machine like this before and if so what was the aproximate cost and was it an easy plug and play retrofit.
    What can you offer to do the retrofit and could I get a ball park cost at this time.
    Should it be acceptable I can mail you all the electrical, servo, powers, torques etc to enable you to give me an exact price.
    I am competent to build the computer/PC and fit all of the hardware and wire the unit.
    I would require training on the tuning and setup.

SCM Router retrofit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a SCM 3 axis router, model is a 1994 Record 2 C.
    Input power is 3 phase 380 volt 50 Hz.
    It also has a 9 drill block and auto tool changer of the carosel type 10 tools.
    X is 3200mm (45 meters per minute ), Y is 1100mm, and Z is 300mm. ( both 25 meters per minute).
    It is fitted with a NUM 750 control and has Yaskawa AC brushless servo motors with encoders on all axis. (powers from 300 watt to 1500watt)
    The motors are driven by Yaskawa CACR-SR driver amplifiers.
    The drill block appears to be operated with a stepper motor.
    I am constantly having difficulties with the NUM control and parts and service are becoming harder to get.
    I have rebuilt all the machines mechanical parts ball screws, guides and spindle etc and it is a huge 6500kg, very accurate unit with 3 axis interpolation and I would like to retain it but with some new control parts/drives.
    What I want to know is what should I be looking at from your company and have you supplied a kit to retrofit a machine like this before and if so what was the aproximate cost and was it an easy plug and play retrofit.
    What can you offer to do the retrofit and could I get a ball park cost at this time.
    Should it be acceptable I can mail you all the electrical, servo, powers, torques etc to enable you to give me an exact price.
    I am competent to build the computer/PC and fit all of the hardware and wire the unit.
    I would require training on the tuning and setup.

My Question Has To Do With The, Ajax Dm-451 Toolroom Bed Mill. I Would Like To Compare It To Another Machine But Iam Having A Hard Time Doing So,can Any One Help Me.

We have an Ajax 260 premire lathe with a burnt out X axis servo motor.
    The label has worn off so we cannot identify the servo apart from MAE is the manufacturer.
    Can you advise the model number of this servo or where we can get a specification for rewinding it.
    Regards
    Mike

Mike,

You are looking for a different Ajax. They don't appear to have a web site or forum. Try a web search on your machine make/model to find other owners, and see if any of them has legible motor data for you.

Page 2 of 3 123