584,800 active members*
4,868 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Macro programing

Hi there im new here and was wondering if anyone has some suggestions on further reading or training on macro programing .i have worked my way through the Haas manuals and have done some basic stuff like probe integration , auto wear adjustment and operator input branching .ive made a improvised peck tapping cycle as well ,

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Re: Macro programing

Peter Smid has a descent book on Fanuc Macro B. Called Fanuc CNC Custom Macros. It's what I've used. Another great resource is to get the Fanuc Maintenance and Operators Handbook for the exact version of Fanuc Control you're working with. Among a million other great things at your fingertips, it has all the System Variables listed and described. Very handy when writing Macros.

Thank you ill go and have a look .

Thanx for taking the time to help

Just keep at it. Peter Smids custom macro B is a great book for reference. It is for fanuc so the variable codes are different than haas but it has a ton of great info and is basically the same. Keep looking for opportunities to use this skill. I have attached a couple of files that you check out. Hope this helps!

hy francois, nice sheep i am not a haas guy, but i can tell that you allready have some good experience with macros

if you wanna fast development, try finding persons that share lists of their own macros, and from there only pick those that seems interesting to you; thus look for description, not for code, and only based on description, decide if is needed to also investigate code; such an aproach will get you up to speed fast with custom variables

another thing to follow is to target code syntax, the way is written; this can help you with general formating, etc; just scroll through code, does not matter what that code does, but scan the way is constructed; for example, the code shared by seth checks if something is wrong, but you can skip such a check by controling the inputs, thus being sure that they are corect

once you reach control capability, and g-code langauge limitations, next step is a more general way of coding

books are being written by people like you; good luck we.tl/t-0NeUrzjZ3E
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Quote Originally Posted by SethC View Post
    Just keep at it. Peter Smids custom macro B is a great book for reference. It is for fanuc so the variable codes are different than haas but it has a ton of great info and is basically the same. Keep looking for opportunities to use this skill. I have attached a couple of files that you check out. Hope this helps!
    thank you very much for taking the time and sharing you're macro I like the idea of it and had not thought of adding a readme to supplement the macro . The words of encouragement are also greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hy francois, nice sheep i am not a haas guy, but i can tell that you allready have some good experience with macros

if you wanna fast development, try finding persons that share lists of their own macros, and from there only pick those that seems interesting to you; thus look for description, not for code, and only based on description, decide if is needed to also investigate code; such an aproach will get you up to speed fast with custom variables

another thing to follow is to target code syntax, the way is written; this can help you with general formating, etc; just scroll through code, does not matter what that code does, but scan the way is constructed; for example, the code shared by seth checks if something is wrong, but you can skip such a check by controling the inputs, thus being sure that they are corect

once you reach control capability, and g-code langauge limitations, next step is a more general way of coding

books are being written by people like you; good luck we.tl/t-0NeUrzjZ3E
    Thank you very much for the very kind words of encouragement and advice on how to proceed .This post has me very motivated to continue I am glad I took the chance to ask on the forum ive gotten great advice and even more hope that im not the only one interested in learning more on Macros they are so useful and underrated .