584,866 active members*
5,142 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > MadCAM > Thinking of switching to madCAM

Thinking of switching to madCAM

This will probably be a lengthy series of questions, but lets start with the one that is most on my mind right now. Is madCAM back compatible. OK let me explain the question. I have Rhino 6 and will be upgrading to Rhino 7 this year. If I decide to switch to madCAM and purchase version 7, can I use it on my existing rhino 6 installations, or should I wait until I have Rhino 7 installed.

Also looking at the madCAMcnc site I see a link to some very informative YouTube videos, but no PDF madCAM manual. Does a written manual not exist for madCAM. This is not in any way a deal breaker, I just like to have something in hand like a manual when I'm learning it for the first time.

Thanks
    Steven

Re: Thinking of switching to madCAM

Madcam has a help file section within the plugin. There are some videos online. It works "similar" to Rhinocam, so a video on Rhinocam basics should give you an idea. .I have been told a new version of Madcam is coming soon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	madcam.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	489543
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails madcam.jpg  
    Last edited by 3dcncuk; 02-20-2023 at 11:40 PM.

Re: Thinking of switching to madCAM

Quote Originally Posted by StevenDAntonio View Post
    Is madCAM back compatible?
    Yes. On the Download page you are granted access to download all prior versions of MadCAM. With purchase, your license key will activate them all. If you subsequently decide to upgrade your license to unlock additional features, that upgrade is also retroactive to prior versions.

Once you install MadCAM the help file that comes with it serves as the manual, so there is no need for a pdf. You could experience all this for free for 30 days by downloading and installing the free trial.