584,808 active members*
5,040 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Doosan DHC400 reference return position

Doosan DHC400 reference return position

Doosan DHC400 with Fanuc 21i low battery alarm and x and y needs zrn alarm. Operator went to parameter 1815 and reset zeroes at wrong postion. Any way to know where original zero position was so I can reset 1815 there. I have original parameter blue book that came with machine when it was new.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmmbrown View Post
    Doosan DHC400 with Fanuc 21i low battery alarm and x and y needs zrn alarm. Operator went to parameter 1815 and reset zeroes at wrong postion. Any way to know where original zero position was so I can reset 1815 there. I have original parameter blue book that came with machine when it was new.
    You will need a spindle setting bar to sweep the bar diameter high point at zero/zero (for x zero) while rotating B axis B0 to B180. Y zero found by using gauge blocks under the bar from the table top and add the gauge block dimension to half the bar diameter to find Zero.

There is a procedure for this and when done correctly the numbers will be close to the original blue book values. Without B axis it's a different procedure using a table bung.

If you don't know how to do this, you'll need a few hours of time by a service tech.

Re: Doosan DHC400 reference return position

Thanks. I have a service visit setup and still waiting. Was just hoping maybe there were some magic numbers in that blue book I could move to and reset the zero.

Re: Doosan DHC400 reference return position

i have a more simple procedure that i use when it needs after origin lost
    i go back to the piece i have on the table and put in spindle the measuring device that i use it for setting my G54,workpiece origin
    i set up the 0 on the clock and the 0 on relative position display and go back to the reference with the values that i have stored in the work set page for my G54,becuase the values from there are the distances that machine makes to my zero piece.

Yes, I agree using known points works too. A workpiece bore or face.

But you need to know how, I've done this on Siemens 840d too, just to get out of trouble before resetting the zero points correctly.

Thanks. I have a service visit setup and still waiting. Was just hoping maybe there were some magic numbers in that blue book I could move to and reset the zero.
    When the tech is there, write down how he does it. It's useful to check from time to time.