585,712 active members*
4,422 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Both vacuum pumps tripping breakers after 15 seconds of running

Hybrid View

Both vacuum pumps tripping breakers after 15 seconds of running

I am installing a new StyleCNC 1325-R1 and both of my vacuum pumps are tripping their control cabinet breakers after running about 15 seconds. It is a 220v single phase system. I have tried switching the 220wires to no avail. When the breaker trips there is an E25 code displaying in the internal breaker. The same code appears on each of the two vacuum pump breakers. Help please.

Re: Both vacuum pumps tripping breakers after 15 seconds of running

What is the model of the Vacuum pumps?
    Also are you running them wide open? i.e. No pipe duct etc?
    Test by partly throttling the input.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by finallygotauserid View Post
    I am installing a new StyleCNC 1325-R1 and both of my vacuum pumps are tripping their control cabinet breakers after running about 15 seconds. It is a 220v single phase system. I have tried switching the 220wires to no avail. When the breaker trips there is an E25 code displaying in the internal breaker. The same code appears on each of the two vacuum pump breakers. Help please.
    Are the pumps correctly topped up with vac oil (if needed)? Check current draw with clamp meter set for amps too.

When the breaker trips there is an E25 code displaying in the internal breaker. The same code appears on each of the two vacuum pump breakers. Help please.
    So what's the verdict?

Albert E.

Check the Grounding on the machine, from each vacuum pump, it sounds like you have a wiring problem, or an overload problem.

How many Amps is your 230v /240v single phase supply to the machine??

What is the amp rating on the vacuum pump motors??
    Mactec54

The occasions where I have been called in to this problem is that the user has both inlet and outlet, unconnected to any duct etc.
    Result, motor overload.

Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    The occasions where I have been called in to this problem is that the user has both inlet and outlet, unconnected to any duct etc.
    Result, motor overload.
    I've only ever used big vacuum pumps and they have vac oil to protect the vanes and assist vacuum pull down. But surely an open ended vac pump would run longer than 15 seconds before getting tight enough to cause an overload? Pulling a vacuum would cause greater motor load than free wheeling, for example on a Vaughan pump or similar.

What pumps are you familiar with?

I'm new to the site and I'm still trying to figure out how to find my posts ... sorry for not responding. I've figured out my problem. There are two fairly sophisticated breakers in the cabinet ... One for each vacuum pump. Each has the capability of setting the overload current detection value. I had to request the user manual from StyleCNC for the breakers before I could figure out what to do. The value for the "expected current" was set way too low. Therefore the breaker assumed a short circuit - E25. I raised the value about 50% wondering what would happen. I then got an E23 error - current overload. Quite helpful since it told me I was on the right path. I then raised the value another 50% and that solved the problem.

Again, I apologize for not responding to the replies. I simply couldn't figure out how to view my posts, and replies. I still don't know how, but I'll eventually figure it out.

Again, I apologize for not responding to the replies. I simply couldn't figure out how to view my posts, and replies. I still don't know how, but I'll eventually figure it out.
    You haven't told us what kind of device you are using (phone, maybe?). I have attached a screenshot from my Android phone:
    Attachment 489512

The "User CP" in the header is the Control Panel, so click that. You should see a link to Subscribed Threads, which should normally include threads you have posted in.

Quote Originally Posted by RaderSidetrack View Post
    You haven't told us what kind of device you are using (phone, maybe?). I have attached a screenshot from my Android phone:
    Attachment 489512

The "User CP" in the header is the Control Panel, so click that. You should see a link to Subscribed Threads, which should normally include threads you have posted in.
    I'm using an android phone. But when I click User CP no posts appear ... not even the thread I posted the solution. Hmmm

I'm using an android phone. But when I click User CP no posts appear ... not even the thread I posted the solution.
    There should be a LINK shown at User CP that is called Subscribed Threads. Click that.

The forum software at CNCZone is a 10 year old version vBulletin 4, and that software wasn't built with 'phone' users in mind. So its outdated, and hard to use with a phone. I try to avoid using my phone for reading the Zone, and use a desktop or laptop when I can.

There is a way on your phone to tell it to use the "desktop" version of a website (rather than the default "mobile" version that many sites feed you when they detect a mobile device at your end). With say Firefox on a phone, while at CNCZone, click the '3 dot' vertical menu button and choose "Desktop site". Other browsers have similar options but may word it differently. You may/may not like that version better, but its something you can try.

There is an update to CNCZone forum software in the works ... but for now we make do with what is here.

We have a new STYLECNC machine at our shop and have had similar issues, what we found was that the wiring was poorly done and some were loose. We took apart our contactors and gave them a good cleaning with the air compressor since they were filled with dust/debris, then we reinstalled all the wiring to ensure full contact. Our problem was solved, not saying your machine has the same issue, it's worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by misterthi View Post
    We have a new STYLECNC machine at our shop and have had similar issues, what we found was that the wiring was poorly done and some were loose. We took apart our contactors and gave them a good cleaning with the air compressor since they were filled with dust/debris, then we reinstalled all the wiring to ensure full contact. Our problem was solved, not saying your machine has the same issue, it's worth a try.
    I would say what you found would be the same as what some of their problem was also, and it most likely has not been corrected, most of these imported Routers need wiring checked as you did is a must, as they have poor Grounding and wiring practices in general, metal chips in contactor is common also.
    Mactec54

I am having a StyleCNC being delivered in 2 weeks. If you have that breaker manual and can email it to me, it might save me some time if I have the same issue. I probably have the same vac pumps and breakers, but my machine will be the STM1530C. Thanks. If I can help after I get my machine setup, the more people connected should make it all easier. I have had a few people contact me and I am trying to find others with StyleCNC machines.
    [email protected]

You were advised to check current early doors by me and another poster.

for our vacuums, we upped the number on the unit to 22, it came set at 12 and would always turn off after a few seconds. We kept having to adjust slowly until it was stable.

Hi, so sorry to hear. Please don't worry, our engineer will provide after-sales support for you. Please feel free to contact our engineer:
    Mike Peng
    Whatsapp: +86 158 6500 9262
    Email: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by ThereseG View Post
    Hi, so sorry to hear. Please don't worry, our engineer will provide after-sales support for you. Please feel free to contact our engineer:
    Mike Peng
    Whatsapp: +86 158 6500 9262
    Email: [email protected]
    Therese is right. Mike in after-sales support is actually quite good and has helped me out many times. I usually get answers to simple questions the same day and was able to hop on a video call for my only complicated issue so far. Just ask on WhatsApp as that's the easiest way to contact them and be prepared to stay up late some night since they are operating on Beijing Time.

I also did have to set these programable breakers/motor starters. Therese, perhaps you can tell the factory to do two simple things to future units before they ship. Add an English label to the buttons and program the amperage to approximately 21 amps. This would solve all the issues that have been experienced. Simple things like these will really go a long way in making your machines more available to the US market and seem more polished and higher quality.

So far my CNC is running well and I am getting better at tweaking things. A good tramming of the spindle and everything is perfectly lined up. Cut the first job using the pneumatic roller hold downs today on some box store 5/8" sheathing and they worked well.

Click the "+" sign.
    Just add some overload current.
    When starting the vacuum pump, check what number is displayed.
    For example: after the number displays 008, ER25 or ER23 appears. You can press the + sign to adjust the current to about 012.

STYLECNC is a guaranteed manufacturer for CNC Router, Laser Cutter, Laser Marker, Laser Engraver, Wood Lathe and Plasma Cutter. Official website: https://www.stylecnc.com/