585,766 active members*
3,998 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: vacuum pump

Question vacuum pump

I need to wire a vacuum pump to my haas vmc via mfinin option and ad0549 plug. Is there a pump out there that has the relay etc built in? Or do I need to wire a separate electrical box?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crzyhrse View Post
    I need to wire a vacuum pump to my haas vmc via mfinin option and ad0549 plug. Is there a pump out there that has the relay etc built in? Or do I need to wire a separate electrical box?
    Thanks
    Vac pumps usually just need an on switch to pull a vacuum. The switching circuit could be controlled by the vacuum pressure presets. But you would need to make something suitable for the process. I think they will also have built in safety and motor thermistor to protect the unit.

The work holding vacuum would need a monitoring switch to ensure correct millibar pressure is achieved and maintained throughout the machining cycle.

Re: vacuum pump

Agree. I can turn pump on and off via m code in the program. M21-M25 are reserved for add on equiptment. I need to wire the vacuum pump with the proper relays or whatever. The pump will then plug into the machine electrical box with 4 pin cable. I'm not an electrician but know enough to be dangerous.
    Thank you for the response.