585,982 active members*
4,690 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Fanuc AC Spindle Motor Model 3 on Delta C2000 5.5KW

Fanuc AC Spindle Motor Model 3 on Delta C2000 5.5KW

Hi,

im running in trouble to setting up my Delta C2000 VFD with a Fanuc AC Spindle Motor Model 3. I want to do fully cloesd loop with a ABZ Encoder on the Spindle Shaft.

I´ve already read many many threads about setting up AC Spindle induction Motors with a VFD. The most using sensorless vector control with a V/F table.

The problem is: Delta C2000 only offers two modes to running closed loop induction motor. 1. freq/volt Control with feedback 2. FOCPG field orientated vector control with feedback.

My Motorspecifications on the motor plate:

Fanuc AC Spindel Motor Model 3
    cont./30min. 3.7 / 5.5 KW
    cont./30min. 17 / 22 Amp
    Volt: 200v
    Poles: 4
    RPM 1500/6000

The only way i can ordinary setup my motor ist in FOCPG (fieldorientated vector control with encoder) at following settings.

Base Frequency: 200Hz (4 Poles = 6000rpm)
    Max Voltage: 200V
    rating power: 3.7kw
    17A

The Problem is, that the relation between voltage and rpm is linear. so, low rpm low voltage = low torque, but i want to do tapping. So it is useless for me.

If i using sensorless vector control or frequency/voltage mode i cant ordinary setup the vfd. The motor is always over saturated with the voltage, make noise and doesnt move.

But, Doing my math, my voltage at 50Hz 1500 rpm is : 3700RPM/17A/1.73 = 125V. With this parameters, the motor doesnt turn and is making noise.

Have anyone a plan how to fix the low torque problem in FOCPG (fieldoriented vector control with encoder) on the Delta C2000 ?

or is there a way to use a another control mode ?

Regards

Re: Fanuc AC Spindle Motor Model 3 on Delta C2000 5.5KW

It seems Delta C2000 can not do the job, better use Fanuc original spindle amplifier.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Another Thoughts. Is the spindle motor with his electrical specifications suitable for delivering full torque from zero revolutions?

i´ve already searched for torque diagrams for the Fanuc AC SPindle Motor Model 3, but i can´t find anything usefull.

Quote Originally Posted by xcr4nkx3 View Post
    Hi,

im running in trouble to setting up my Delta C2000 VFD with a Fanuc AC Spindle Motor Model 3. I want to do fully cloesd loop with a ABZ Encoder on the Spindle Shaft.

I´ve already read many many threads about setting up AC Spindle induction Motors with a VFD. The most using sensorless vector control with a V/F table.

The problem is: Delta C2000 only offers two modes to running closed loop induction motor. 1. freq/volt Control with feedback 2. FOCPG field orientated vector control with feedback.

My Motorspecifications on the motor plate:

Fanuc AC Spindel Motor Model 3
    cont./30min. 3.7 / 5.5 KW
    cont./30min. 17 / 22 Amp
    Volt: 200v
    RPM 1500/6000

The only way i can ordinary setup my motor ist in FOCPG (fieldorientated vector control with encoder) at following settings.

Base Frequency: 200Hz (4 Poles = 6000rpm)
    Max Voltage: 200V
    rating power: 3.7kw
    17A

The Problem is, that the relation between voltage and rpm is linear. so, low rpm low voltage = low torque, but i want to do tapping. So it is useless for me.

If i using sensorless vector control or frequency/voltage mode i cant ordinary setup the vfd. The motor is always over saturated with the voltage, make noise and doesnt move.

But, Doing my math, my voltage at 50Hz 1500 rpm is : 3700RPM/17A/1.73 = 125V. With this parameters, the motor doesnt turn and is making noise.

Have anyone a plan how to fix the low torque problem in FOCPG (fieldoriented vector control with encoder) on the Delta C2000 ?

or is there a way to use a another control mode ?

Regards
    xcr4nkx3

Just stumbled across this thread as I am about to receive my new 11kw 230V C2000 to drive my mitsubishi 3.7/5,5kw Spindle motor which has very similar spec to your Fanuc motor.

Some questions followed by some points from me:

What size/power C2000 do you have? Are you sure it can output enough amps for your motor?
    Do you have a power/torque curve for your motor?
    Have you run the auto-tuning in the drive which is required for FOC+PG control?

In your drive you should have the following parameters for your motor:
    Base frequency: either 150 or 200Hz depending on your constant power region (you can get this from power/torque curve)
    Max voltage: 200V
    Rated Power: 5.5kw
    Full Load Current: 22A

Once you input these parameters correctly you should have more luck. Let me know how you go.

Cheers,
    Mezzajas