Hello All
I am new to both forums and CNC CAD and CAM. I am looking to understand g-code better since I have taught myself how to operate Fusion 360 on the programming side and own a STYLE CNC operating LNC software which I am still learning to operate.
I have come to a point where I have the g-code for my cut paths and have the self changing tool function active. I have taught the machine its parameters and taught it all of the tools in the horizontal 13 tool carousel which will be used in the cut function. I then taught the machine the parameters of the stock piece and hit start.
The machine immediately misoperated and knocked four tools from the carousel as the router head came across the carousel as it was out in the tool change position. It broke two bits and the machine displayed a message that stated the tool clamp was malfunctioning. Luckily I figured a work around for that problem and the tool head still functions fine.
I believe that the problem lie in the g-code but have so little experience in it that I don't yet know what I need to know to understand why the machine malfunctioned as it did.
If anyone wants to delve into the problem I would be so very happy for the help. Learning all of this on my own has been daunting. I feel so deflated and really need this machine to get to an operational state.
All my best