I am slowly starting a new conversion project on a Defiance VTX-1. This is a 1997 model, it doesn’t have Yaskawa anything, I will try to post some pictures. I am somewhat committed to a Camsoft control, I have purchased a used CS-16600 with the “The Servo Magic system” aka “CNC Lite” I believe. I have not done anything other that try to get an idea of what the project will need. The first place I hit a snag is the servo’s and drives, I am not sure of their condition and I can’t seem to find much information about them. No tool changer, just 3 axis, spindle, and limit/home switches.

The servos are DC servo (Defiance model 13180) Nema 34 with CMC encoder C22-0572-DM-2500, I have no data regarding what the limits are of these motors, they are direct coupled to the ballscrews.

The servo drives are labeled 31943313, brand not marked. They appear to have a 125vac input, there is an onboard 10a fuse (buss MDA 10). These have a com 10 pin header marked PWM that has a ribbon cable to the Defiance “Mill break out board” (Defiance P/N 13182) with a 10 pin header.

I am looking for help identifying the pinout of the PWM header on the servo drive to determine if I can use it, if I can't figure this out I will likely end up under-powering the motors, I can trace the encoders back from the actual encoder. I will also need to spend some time to figure out the spindle drive, but I have not done much there, it seems to be a Servoflex maybe (SFA-07-ENC), no tags on it.