584,861 active members*
4,717 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Homing and gantry square issues

Hi,

I have found a rather serious set of problems related to homing and gantry squaring issues:
    - If the gantry squaring is stopped in any other way than normal script execution, the master/slave axis are left set as U and V.
    - If the V axis reaches first the homing limit switch, an error is triggered.

These issues existed, as far as I can tell, since I have first used the MK3 board, but they have bothered me too much now that I have upgraded to the latest version (dated few days ago!).

Re: Homing and gantry square issues

Please ignore the issue with V axis switch getting triggered first, it was a broken wire!

Quote Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
    Hi,

I have found a rather serious set of problems related to homing and gantry squaring issues:
    - If the gantry squaring is stopped in any other way than normal script execution, the master/slave axis are left set as U and V.
    - If the V axis reaches first the homing limit switch, an error is triggered.

These issues existed, as far as I can tell, since I have first used the MK3 board, but they have bothered me too much now that I have upgraded to the latest version (dated few days ago!).
    Did you ever try switching either the switch inputs and or the motor inputs for U and V.
    I have read that sometimes the connections are mislabeled. Logically, if the switches cross-checked the master slave motors it may have been beneficial (or not).

Re: Homing and gantry square issues

The actual gantry squaring is working as expected. Just that if I stop the process (E-Stop) due to whatever reason, the settings are messed up and I have to manually go to File->Settings and re-assign the two Y axis steppers. With the V axis reaching first, it was an electrical problem - as per my second message.