585,685 active members*
4,676 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Hardinge Conquest T51, X- does not work ,18-t Fanuc CNC

Hardinge Conquest T51, X- does not work ,18-t Fanuc CNC

Have a problem on Conquest T51 when I cannot move X axis in minus direction.
    X axis moves fine in positive, Z moves - and + fine, but when press X- no movement.
    No alarms other than a message that all axis need to be homed but have to move 1" in negative direction before can start homing in both z and x.

Things I have tested:
    Servo is decoupled from the machine so no binding, tested servo and cables by connecting it as a Z axis and it works fine both directions so servo and cables are good.
    I changed out amplifier with a known working one.
    Soft limit set to -9999999 and +99999999, hard limits (G114 and G116) are all 1 for all available axes.
    The interlock signals *IT and*IT0-5 are all 1
    The SVF signals are 0
    G134 are all 0
    All conditions in the ladder are met to move axis, G102.0 turn ON.

Re: Hardinge Conquest T51, X- does not work ,18-t Fanuc CNC

can you tell if the machine has teh device for measuring the tools a.k.a known as tool setter?
    if yes the axes will not move if the contact is made for tool setter down in negative direction
    Check

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    can you tell if the machine has teh device for measuring the tools a.k.a known as tool setter?
    if yes the axes will not move if the contact is made for tool setter down in negative direction
    Check
    I agree about the tool setter, but any missing input for a device could do the same. A parts catcher for example could be positioned correctly, but the input stating it is engaged due to a faulty proximity switch or input.

When using jog or handwheel to drive in the blocked direction, there could be an error message. Please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Obudzinskiy View Post
    Have a problem on Conquest T51 when I cannot move X axis in minus direction.
    X axis moves fine in positive, Z moves - and + fine, but when press X- no movement.
    No alarms other than a message that all axis need to be homed but have to move 1" in negative direction before can start homing in both z and x.

Things I have tested:
    Servo is decoupled from the machine so no binding, tested servo and cables by connecting it as a Z axis and it works fine both directions so servo and cables are good.
    I changed out amplifier with a known working one.
    Soft limit set to -9999999 and +99999999, hard limits (G114 and G116) are all 1 for all available axes.
    The interlock signals *IT and*IT0-5 are all 1
    The SVF signals are 0
    G134 are all 0
    All conditions in the ladder are met to move axis, G102.0 turn ON.
    Power off/ on holding down P and Cancel, then try re referencing the machine. It may clear your fault.

I have same machine backup.

Tanks zavateandu it was the tool setter, x- direction tool setter was shorted high which triggered X4.3, and that disables x -movement (must be a parameter setting since I did not see that input disabling axes or movement in ladder).

Tanks zavateandu it was the tool setter, x- direction tool setter was shorted high which triggered X4.3, and that disables x -movement (must be a parameter setting since I did not see that input disabling axes or movement in ladder).
    And me, hahahaha:-)

I am glad i put you on the right track.

that worked for me too, thank you