584,849 active members*
3,977 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Yaskawa encoder writer

Can anyone assist me with modifying the data on my Yaskawa UTSIH-B17CK Encoder SGMGH-09DCA61. Specifically, I would like to modify the data to match the specifications of the SGMGH-55DCA6C model.

I've been researching about this but didn't find any solution so far, but I know it is possible.

Thanks

Re: Yaskawa encoder writer

Quote Originally Posted by pulgagr View Post
    Can anyone assist me with modifying the data on my Yaskawa UTSIH-B17CK Encoder SGMGH-09DCA61. Specifically, I would like to modify the data to match the specifications of the SGMGH-55DCA6C model.

I've been researching about this but didn't find any solution so far, but I know it is possible.

Thanks
    Most of the information is for the motor specs, if the 2 motor sizes are different which they are, this is not going to work, a 09=900watts the 55D=5.5Kw this can't be used with this drive,
    the 09 motor can't run on a 5.5Kw Drive if that is what you are trying to do, the max for any of the servo motors is like 2 sizes up so 1000W to 1200W drives would be the max even the 1200W Drive may not work with the 900W motor, they are locked out in the servo drive software as well as the Encoder match up.
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Most of the information is for the motor specs, if the 2 motor sizes are different which they are, this is not going to work, a 09=900watts the 55D=5.5Kw this can't be used with this drive,
    the 09 motor can't run on a 5.5Kw Drive if that is what you are trying to do, the max for any of the servo motors is like 2 sizes up so 1000W to 1200W drives would be the max even the 1200W Drive may not work with the 900W motor, they are locked out in the servo drive software as well as the Encoder match up.
    Yes I know that and that's not what I am trying to do. I have a good UTSIH-B17CK with data for SGMGH-09DCA61, and a bad UTSIH-B17CK with data for SGMGH-55DCA6C. What I need is know how they write the data into the encoder, for example Mitsubishi uses a special drive unit that can write all OSA's OBA's and so on. Yaskawa must be the same I guess, that's what I am looking for.

Yes I know that and that's not what I am trying to do. I have a good UTSIH-B17CK with data for SGMGH-09DCA61, and a bad UTSIH-B17CK with data for SGMGH-55DCA6C. What I need is know how they write the data into the encoder, for example Mitsubishi uses a special drive unit that can write all OSA's OBA's and so on. Yaskawa must be the same I guess, that's what I am looking for.
    You may be able to edit the encoder data via the drive data parameters.

Usually, encoder data is written into the parameters (uploaded) during system setting. I'm not sure it works the other way around. You could try writing the encoder data into parameters manually with parameter memory open in MDI.

Quote Originally Posted by servtech View Post
    You may be able to edit the encoder data via the drive data parameters.

Usually, encoder data is written into the parameters (uploaded) during system setting. I'm not sure it works the other way around. You could try writing the encoder data into parameters manually with parameter memory open in MDI.
    No that is not correct, the motor spec's is hard coded into the Encoder that is then recognized by the Servo Drive to see if the motor is a match, this can't be changed by a Parameter in the servo drive.
    Mactec54

You should have said that you were just trying to swap Encoders, contact Yaskawa Tech support they may be able to help,
    Mactec54

No that is not correct, the motor spec's is hard coded into the Encoder that is then recognized by the Servo Drive to see if the motor is a match, this can't be changed by a Parameter in the servo drive.
    With respect, I have years of experience with Heidenhain encoders, these days, Siemens and Fanuc controls can recognise approved device serial numbers via the profibus or profinet. The control has the ability to read this rom data written to the encoder by the builder into the system data and drive parameters. In the case of an Heidenhain encoder on a rotary table, the rotary table builder has the ability to write a file from a laser angular measurement system to the encoder, in the same way as a laser measured ballscrew pitch correction file.

Quote Originally Posted by servtech View Post
    With respect, I have years of experience with Heidenhain encoders, these days, Siemens and Fanuc controls can recognise approved device serial numbers via the profibus or profinet. The control has the ability to read this rom data written to the encoder by the builder into the system data and drive parameters. In the case of an Heidenhain encoder on a rotary table, the rotary table builder has the ability to write a file from a laser angular measurement system to the encoder, in the same way as a laser measured ballscrew pitch correction file.
    You have years of experience, then check the subject Yaskawa, He is talking about Yaskawa Encoder, which have nothing to do with what you just posted.
    Mactec54

Thanks
    I just spoke with Yaskawa and there is no way to do this in the field, they have to be sent in to Yaskawa to have this changed and then you will have the alignment of the Encoder after refitting, you would be better off to sell the SGMGH- 55DCA6C motor and get another 09 motor, so if you need a SGMGH-09DCA61 I have new and used I could sell you if you can't find one where you are.
    Mactec54

I just spoke with Yaskawa and there is no way to do this in the field, they have to be sent in to Yaskawa to have this changed and then you will have the alignment of the Encoder after refitting, you would be better off to sell the SGMGH- 55DCA6C motor and get another 09 motor, so if you need a SGMGH-09DCA61 I have new and used I could sell you if you can't find one where you are.
    Thanks for your reply Mactec,

Yes, I know that it cannot be done in the field. That's why I am looking for some other solution, for instance that Mitchell TI-5000 perhaps can do it.

What I really need is way to do it myself.

Thanks for your reply Mactec,

Yes, I know that it cannot be done in the field. That's why I am looking for some other solution, for instance that Mitchell TI-5000 perhaps can do it.

What I really need is way to do it myself.
    Yes, that would be nice if it was that easy, the Ti-5000 is only for Encoder alignment and checking different functions, I don't think they can even do the Encoder Programing
    Mactec54

hello, do you know what is the model for the Mitsubishi programing encoder drive unit?, thanks