585,676 active members*
5,160 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori MV40B Yasnac MX3 554 Alarm

Mori MV40B Yasnac MX3 554 Alarm

I have a MV40B with MX3 controller, it goes into alarm 554 lube/oil alarm. I do know I had a pressure switch that was stuck on the spindle luber, I have fixed the problem but I cannot get the lubers to come back on while the machine is starting up. Any help or experience is greatly appreciated in maybe resetting this part of the unit, I have dissassembled all the parts and verified all is working but my contactors will not power back up, I can push in on the contactors and both lubers work. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matthyj View Post
    I have a MV40B with MX3 controller, it goes into alarm 554 lube/oil alarm. I do know I had a pressure switch that was stuck on the spindle luber, I have fixed the problem but I cannot get the lubers to come back on while the machine is starting up. Any help or experience is greatly appreciated in maybe resetting this part of the unit, I have dissassembled all the parts and verified all is working but my contactors will not power back up, I can push in on the contactors and both lubers work. Thanks
    Usually, the lubrication system starts at power on, it cycles the system to achieve back pressure within a time, possibly 30 seconds. Spindle lubrication can be different, requiring a lubrication cycle depending on the bearings, high speed or similar.

For the system not to start at all maybe due to oil level or lack of back pressure.

Try priming the system by pressing the pump start and achieve back pressure on the pressure switch. If you have air or a leak it may not prime.

Re: Mori MV40B Yasnac MX3 554 Alarm

Thank you for your reply, I will check the float switches. My manual buttons are not working as well, like the whole system is shut off for some reason? I have checked all wiring and all components individually and did have a stuck pressure switch but have fixed it, but cannot get it to power up either luber, I can press the contacts in on either contactor and they both will build pressure on the spindle as well as the ways with no issues? I almost feel as the controller is holding them out for a reason if thats possible? Thanks and any ideas are greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Matthyj View Post
    Thank you for your reply, I will check the float switches. My manual buttons are not working as well, like the whole system is shut off for some reason? I have checked all wiring and all components individually and did have a stuck pressure switch but have fixed it, but cannot get it to power up either luber, I can press the contacts in on either contactor and they both will build pressure on the spindle as well as the ways with no issues? I almost feel as the controller is holding them out for a reason if thats possible? Thanks and any ideas are greatly appreciated
    Do you have a PLC ladder diagram? If yes, you can trace the logic for the lube pumps contactor output. However there may be some wiring to the contactors with an open contact, could be e-stop or a safety line relay contact. If you can see the output led from the PLC going high, it would prove it's not the PLC logic and in the wiring.

Can you post the wiring circuit diagram?

Re: Mori MV40B Yasnac MX3 554 Alarm

unfortunately I dont have the ladder diagram, however I was able to trace down where the coil was getting (or not getting) its voltage and found that the B stat relays where working but the Omron relay giving voltage to them appeared to be stuck, I took it apart an cleaned it and its up and running thankfully. I also ordered a extra relay to replace the one that was stuck. I cant thank you enough for your help, I really appreciate it and your suggestions.