585,978 active members*
4,329 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > Syil X4 Replacement Parts

Syil X4 Replacement Parts

Hello all,

New user here and just broke into the CNC realm with a used Syil X4. Looking for any information on where to buy replacement parts - specifically a Y-axis ball screw assembly. Noticed yesterday that my Y-axis ball screw making a ticking noise under rotation. Not sure what that means or how much time it has left. I'd like to order a replacement before I tear into the machine. Not sure if you can cross-reference the specfications on the ball screw information and purchase one from any supplier? If anyone has the ball screw technical information on these units and/or how difficult they are to replace, it would be much appreciated!

Kindly,
    Brian

Re: Syil X4 Replacement Parts

Have you done any backlash or repeatability testing on the Y-axis? The ball screws are just your average, rolled, Chinesium double nut ball screws, nothing special, as for specific parts availability there is none, you will be on your own sourcing parts that will fit it unfortunately. I am currently going through some of the same problems, Syil hasn't supported them in a long time, it seems no one is really using them now and if they are they aren't very active on the forums.

If you can get backlash down to 0.0015" or below you are doing great, just lube it up really good and run it, if not you can repack the ball screw nuts with larger balls.