585,591 active members*
2,824 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Maho MH800E boot issue

The auction riggers dropped this machine on the corner of the electrical cabinet. prior to dropping it, they all boasted about how well it ran. lol. Well, it doesn't even boot after i hooked it up. The screen shown in the attached photo flashes a few characters, but does nothing else. When cycling power, the characters change. The lead maintenance guy from my last job told me to check the back plane voltages to make sure all cards are getting power. I have the transformer that was sold with the machine and it is getting ~390 volts wye. the controller power supply is set for 110volts, and it's getting about 113 volts. I pulled the whole controller rack out and bench tested it. the 5 volt and 12 volt planes are better than 5% error. I reinstalled the rack and I get the same screen. Does anyone have any suggestions? I believe the controller is a Phillips 432. I really wanted to play with it, but I'm wondering if recontrollering it would be a better option.

Thanks,
    Jim

Re: Maho MH800E boot issue

...looks more like a maybe a CRT problem or Graphs card. Cable(s), pots, switches + age check them all....lol.

Re: Maho MH800E boot issue

Maybe you can try to find a new LCD display to replace it.
    You can find the LCD brand and model name on the back side.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Quote Originally Posted by iowa_jim View Post
    The auction riggers dropped this machine on the corner of the electrical cabinet. prior to dropping it, they all boasted about how well it ran. lol. Well, it doesn't even boot after i hooked it up. The screen shown in the attached photo flashes a few characters, but does nothing else. When cycling power, the characters change. The lead maintenance guy from my last job told me to check the back plane voltages to make sure all cards are getting power. I have the transformer that was sold with the machine and it is getting ~390 volts wye. the controller power supply is set for 110volts, and it's getting about 113 volts. I pulled the whole controller rack out and bench tested it. the 5 volt and 12 volt planes are better than 5% error. I reinstalled the rack and I get the same screen. Does anyone have any suggestions? I believe the controller is a Phillips 432. I really wanted to play with it, but I'm wondering if recontrollering it would be a better option.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Try testing it by plugging in a crt or led screen to the output cable. You can separately power the test screen in a power outlet.

It should prove screen or driver card issue.