584,879 active members*
5,346 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Other Machine Topics > green horn needing motor help

green horn needing motor help

I purchased a cnc that was originally built for cutting aluminum and laminated aluminum, with the idea of reconfiguring for my woodworng needs. The seller had purchased it from the original user but had no dea how to make it work. As this thing is greek to me but possbly I can figure it out. I would like to see what is good and what isn't on what I purchased. My question is, can I run some sort of alternative wiring to the plugs on the motors to see if they will actually turn the ballscrew? Thanks, Don

Re: green horn needing motor help

Quote Originally Posted by cpdad93 View Post
    I purchased a cnc that was originally built for cutting aluminum and laminated aluminum, with the idea of reconfiguring for my woodworng needs. The seller had purchased it from the original user but had no dea how to make it work. As this thing is greek to me but possbly I can figure it out. I would like to see what is good and what isn't on what I purchased. My question is, can I run some sort of alternative wiring to the plugs on the motors to see if they will actually turn the ballscrew? Thanks, Don
    No if you just have a motor (most likely a Stepper Motor or a Servo) you would first need a Drive and a Power supply then a Control, of some kind to run it, Post some Photos of what you have, what you posted tells us nothing, look at the motors for any type of numbers Etc
    Mactec54

Did it come with a computer? If not, that might be the missing part of the puzzle. Most of these machines require a PC of some sort loaded with control software that sends signals to the motors that tell them how to move.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

As suggested ! Steppers? Servo's? Make? Model?
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

attached are the pictures with numbers etc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4533.jpg   IMG_4530.jpg   IMG_4532.jpg   IMG_4534.jpg  

IMG_4537.jpg   IMG_4542.jpg   IMG_4540.jpg   IMG_4538.jpg  

posted, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpdad93 View Post
    attached are the pictures with numbers etc
    ??????
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Well, he did actually post those images. However, CNCZone is choking on them. Its not the fault of anyone in this thread. Images retrieved sister site Industry Arena.

OK, there is/was a problem with how the server is handling images. I worked around that problem by posting the images to a photohost, and then posting the links to those images above.

Use the (8) links above, not the "attached image file" below, which I left there for diagnostic purposes.