585,663 active members*
3,143 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Wood Lathes / Mills > Laguna 3 Axis CNC Wood Turner

Hybrid View

Laguna 3 Axis CNC Wood Turner

Hope this is the right area.

Can anyone help me out with this machine. We bought it used from an auction and would like to get it up and running, but are at a loss on where to start.

I can't find any info online for it, but the plate on the back says "Model: 1200Y", with "Carve machine Ming Card" and the front stand says Laguna.

This is the auction description of it:

"Laguna 3 Axis CNC Wood Turner / Lathe. 47.2 inch X 7.8 inch capacity. Model 1200Y, 240 volt, 1 phase, 50 pin serial port for computer/controller connection. (no computer, controller, or software included) Spindle can be water cooled and powered by machine (no pump included). Missing the collet nut. This unit was used in a high school shop class for a short lived baseball bat project."

Re: Laguna 3 Axis CNC Wood Turner

I'm pretty familiar with these machines. Can you post pictures of what you have? including the connections and the internals. based on the 50 pin connection it sounds like you have the older style.

Hey TTalma,

Sorry for the late reply, I'm just seeing it!

Here are some pictures of the machine in question.

Sorry I'm very late with my response. We're you able to get this up and running?

This is an older machine. Your best bet is to upgrade it to something more modern. I would suggest a smooth stepper and Mach 4, you could get this machine going for under $1k, with the controller, license, and PC.

I do see a lot of rust on parts of the machine. I would be concerned about rust on the bearing and linear rails as well as some other internal parts.

Laguna Tools is still in operation, and they still make a CNC woodworking lathe https://lagunatools.com/cnc/specialty-machines/turner/ You might contact them to figure out what it would take to make your machine operational.
    Andrew Werby
    Website