585,712 active members*
3,916 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Wiring up a CJX2D1810 Contactor & remote start button & E-Stop

Question Wiring up a CJX2D1810 Contactor & remote start button & E-Stop

As I am rebuilding my Chinese CNC I found that even though it has been working for 10 years the 220v contactor was wired up wrong and I am having a hard time find the right drawing of how to do it.

I need pictures or I get lost on this stuff

I have a CJX2D1810 contactor, a 32amp fuse, a push button power button and the estop.

I have power coming in to 1 & 5 and leaving the contactor through 2 & 6. There are three wires leaving the control panel going to the power button and estop but I am not sure what to do at this point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachment 490294
    Attachment 490296
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2023-02-28 18.28.50.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	490298

Re: Wiring up a CJX2D1810 Contactor & remote start button & E-Stop

Quote Originally Posted by Dbl_Tap View Post
    As I am rebuilding my Chinese CNC I found that even though it has been working for 10 years the 220v contactor was wired up wrong and I am having a hard time find the right drawing of how to do it.

Perhaps you could tell us (1) how you concluded the contactor "was wired up wrong" in spite of it "working for 10 years", and (2) hopefully you noted which wires went where before you made any changes. Do you have "before" photos?

One set of the in and out 0 awg wires were cut down then shoved into the small control wire slots on the 13 & 14 NO and other wires added along with them. Attachment 490350 Attachment 490352 I'm pretty sure I have everything mapped out that was done previously but obviously this thing was never meant for 10 awg wires to fit into some of these slots for a good reason.

Attachment 490402
    Attachment 490404
    Attachment 490406
    Attachment 490408

Better pics with the cable covers off.

I have things wired up now and working EXCEPT the green power button does not light up. I switched things around and other configurations would light up the green all the time, when on but contactor wasn't activating, estop wouldn't work, etc. SO I know I don't have it 100% right yet.

Have you used 13 & 14 as the retaining contact for the start button/coil circuit?
    Here are control schematics.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I did and have it that way now. Since it is working I'm not too concerned the green button isn't lighting up but I would like to upgrade to some nicer more quality start and e-stop buttons. One that actually turns off if the power goes out. Any suggestions there?

And from helping me on the optical switches in my other post I would think you would know better than to send me electrical schematics lol The key to what symbols mean at the start of that is actually pretty helpful so thank you.

Stop and E-stop circuits generally end up with a relay being picked up when activated, this method uses a retaining contact on the relay, across the Start PB for e.g..
    The string of contact or other elements such as L.S. etc are in the string and are N/C, so in the event of any one of them opening, releases the relay which in turn is used to terminate the power to any motorized part of the M/C.
    Incidentally that Schneider (Telemecanique) contactor has a feature where extra options can be clipped on to the blue armature actuator such as aux contacts, timer etc.
    Typical circuits of this nature are shown starting with p4 of the Schnieder book.
    The only error in it, is that now, O/L contacts are not to be used on the N side of the Relay coil. As it has been done for some decades, but now. considered a safety hazard.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.