585,741 active members*
5,059 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > StyleCNC 6090 Table top CNC Router losing steps

StyleCNC 6090 Table top CNC Router losing steps

I purchased this machine new last year to mill inlays and pockets in pool cues. The machine does an okay job, but the accuracy/repeatability is lacking.

Few issues I am having,
    After I set my work coordinate, if I move away and return it back to the zero, the position is off. I have had times where Mach3 has frozen on me and I had to restart, reset the zero and it would start cutting the pieces more on one side than the other. I also step down in tool size, .0625,.031 & finish with a .020. In order to make the pieces so they don't have a step, I need to leave material and cut the whole profile with the .020, which sucks because I have to go slower and take smaller cuts.

I also noticed the rotary does not rotate back to the original zero, this is also causing me issues.

Is there a way to reduce or eliminate the machine losing steps? I am at the point I want to remove the steppers and replace them all with something more accurate, just not sure what that would be.

TIA
    Carlton

Re: StyleCNC 6090 Table top CNC Router losing steps

Hi,
    if its the steppers which are losing steps, and it is highly probable, then the only way to reduce the inclination for a stepper to miss steps is decrease the accelerations and max velocity.
    Reduce both acceleration and max velocity in Mach to 1/4, then slowly increase the acceleration until it starts missing steps, back off by 25%. Then do the same with velocity.

What voltage is the power supply to the stepper drivers. A lot of Chinese CNC routers use TB66xx type stepper drivers and they can handle only 36V. With decent drivers running at 72V or 80V
    the same steppers would perk up a lot.

Craig
    Craig

Re: StyleCNC 6090 Table top CNC Router losing steps

Hi, so sorry to hear. Please don't worry, our engineer will provide after-sales support for you. Please feel free to contact our engineer:
    Mike Peng
    Whatsapp: +86 158 6500 9262
    Email: [email protected]