585,728 active members*
4,051 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

StyleCNC Router Vacuum Pumps

We recently purchased a StyleCNC router with vacuum table and it came with two generic vacuum pumps which do a good job at holding down a solid 4x8 sheet but doesn't really hold anything down after it's been cut. When the pump runs it is exhausting hot air back into our warehouse and it smells like a car exhaust. Although I'm told by the company that it does not emit any harmful gases, it sure does smell like a car exhaust and we are concerned with the fumes. Are vacuum pumps suppose to emit fumes like this? It smells like burning oil and we are having to leave the garage bay fully open for ventilation when using our machine.

Re: StyleCNC Router Vacuum Pumps

I guess that it should be 2 pcs China dry 2.2kw vacuum pump 220v1 phase ?
    smells like burning oil. how long you have been use ? just confrim correct motor working driection .
    vacuum hole middle area vacuum should be better , the outside vacuum effect will be less , maybe adjust your design ,or check seal line etc .

definitely smells like burning oil and is two 2.2kw single phase 220v pumps. They're junk because they do not hold down small parts AT ALL and I'm having to opt for tape.

I also got the crappy vac pumps as well, and I am about to hook them up - however, I am using 2 in parallel to make a central shop vacuum system for my shop. I am using a cyclone separator (the plastic ones designed for shop vacs) on top of a small barrel as the catch basin. The vac pumps came with cartridge filters on their inputs, and the cyclone I have filters out all but the finest drywall dust, so it will just need a filter blowing out every once in a while. It should be way stronger than a shop vac (4.4kw vs 1.5kw) and allow me to save some floor space (the vac pumps and canister are now outside in the attached barn), while still allowing me to just have a single long vac hose that reaches everywhere without wheeling anything around.

I am also hooking up the vac pumps to the CNC table as a backup (or low power alternative in case I find a use for it), to the 25hp liquid ring pump that I won at auction. The large pump is hooked up to a VFD, and I hope to be able to control it using a Delta DPA vacuum pressure sensor to vary the speed and power of the pump based on the vacuum in the system. This should limit excessive power usage, heat buildup, and wear overall. The idea is that the VFD can run the pump with a nice soft start, get to full vacuum, and then lower the speed to maintain the vacuum level, increasing the speed and power again as more of the sheet is cut to maintain full vacuum level.

Here's a possible solution for you. Have you tried any gasketing materials? Like AllStarCNC products? They are specifically designed for CNC tables with lower vacuum levels and I think that the main benefit is that the rubber material has way more friction than MDF, so the force to slide a part is much higher than otherwise. You can try it out using some cheaper material like rolls of drawer liner from Harbor Freight applied to a spoilboard with spray adhesive. Just make a program that will cut a bunch of small holes in the drawer liner like the AllStarCNC tile gasket and give it a shot.

Series and parallel connected blower installations are often used to meet performance ranges beyond normal single stage blower capacities. For systems that require high ststic pressure, and especially high pressure TOGETHER with high temperature (where standard multi stage, positive displacement, screw, or regenerative type blowers can not be used) series of single stage centrifugal blowers can be used. Many times additional blower in the system can be advantageous. For instance, where two blowers are operating in series and one breaks down, the other may be able to "limp" the system along while the necessary maintenance is performed. Having on blower continue in operation can often allow limited production while the other is being repaired ventilating.com fanblower.com highpressureblower.net industrialblowerfan.com industrialfanblower.net industrialfanblower.com pressureblower.net northernindustrialsupplycompany.com industrialpressureblower.com tenderall.com chicagoblowercanada.com cbblower.com buffaloblower.com buffalofan.com nis-co.com canadianblower.com olegsystems.com canadablower.com abbblower.com acmefan.net industrialblower.net fansandblowers.net americanblower.net barryfan.com cincinnatifan.net canadafans.com barryfan.net. Also, there are cases where having one blower continue in operation could prevent or at least minimize system or equipment damage from such things as high temperature ot contaminated airstreams.