584,837 active members*
5,412 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hitachi Seikis > Hitachi Seiki HT 20S II Bar Feeder

Hitachi Seiki HT 20S II Bar Feeder

Hello, I have an issue with finding parameters on disconnecting Breuning IRCO — ILS bar feeder from Hitachi Seiki HT 20S II (yasnac lx-3). We bought used lathe and it was coming with bar feeder, we don't need the bar feeder and trying to remove it from Hitachi system but cannot find where. Please help

Re: Hitachi Seiki HT 20S II Bar Feeder

If you send me
    Your email I can show you how mines wired up will with a switch as a bypass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[email protected] Hi! Here's my mail. Thank you in advance for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Rinat89 View Post
    Hello, I have an issue with finding parameters on disconnecting Breuning IRCO — ILS bar feeder from Hitachi Seiki HT 20S II (yasnac lx-3). We bought used lathe and it was coming with bar feeder, we don't need the bar feeder and trying to remove it from Hitachi system but cannot find where. Please help
    As written above, it may need a blanking on plug to simulate the safety signals from the bar feed. Ie. A harting type plug with link wires inside plugged into the machine barfeed interface socket, then usually you can switch off the barfeed by a switch on the panel or an option parameter bit.

If it was cobbled together by a third party user, you will need a wiring diagram. Barfeed machines have a hollow spindle and clamp cylinder, where chuckers often don't. A 3 jaw chuck signal is opposite to a collet chuck, some machines also have a toggle switch to reverse this function.

Quote Originally Posted by servtech View Post
    As written above, it may need a blanking on plug to simulate the safety signals from the bar feed. Ie. A harting type plug with link wires inside plugged into the machine barfeed interface socket, then usually you can switch off the barfeed by a switch on the panel or an option parameter bit.

If it was cobbled together by a third party user, you will need a wiring diagram. Barfeed machines have a hollow spindle and clamp cylinder, where chuckers often don't. A 3 jaw chuck signal is opposite to a collet chuck, some machines also have a toggle switch to reverse this function.
    Thank you for your answer! I managed to make it like a fork as you said and turn off the barfeeder. Only now the M commands for clamping / unclamping the chuck do not work. Maybe I didn't install all the plugs. Can you specify switch on the panel or an option parameter bit to disable the barfeeder?