584,805 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport VMC 760/22 DX32 controller MDI stopped working

Bridgeport VMC 760/22 DX32 controller MDI stopped working

I purchased a VMC 760/22 and to be honest I do not remember if I even inspected that function when I purchased it. I know the seller ran a small sample program and did some tool changes but that can all be done without MDI. Now the problem is, the controller works with the exception of when you push "F5" MDI, the controller locks up at that point. On the top of the screen it says in a red box " (* for MDI) (+ for help) Everything will freeze at this point and the only way out of it will be to press the reset on the side of the monitor which will restart the PC. Any help will be appreciated. I can connect to a computer via the network and send files and run them on the VMC so all other functions work.

I also do not have an image of the hard drive or any disks with this machine so the next thing will be to backup the computer in case of failure. Are the machine variables that are viewed on the "Maintenance page" in the hard drive or stored on the controller card in the PCI slot?

Re: Bridgeport VMC 760/22 DX32 controller MDI stopped working

The controller seems too old, better change a new one.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

...backing up the CNC PLC and Parameters would be number one priority. I'm not a Bridgeport guy but, you need to go into the DOS system and see how to download those files. The non working MDI might be a sticky key or button stuck on.

Thank you both for the replies. I have confirmed that there are no stuck keys and the keys required for MDI do work. and the controller does still freeze. I may be contacting EMI soon if I can not resolve this.