585,692 active members*
4,457 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > cincinnati sabre 750 machine off emergency stop pb

cincinnati sabre 750 machine off emergency stop pb

hi i have a problem with the emergency stop pb button i checked the 504 cable there is no problem it shows on the machine off emergency stop pb screen can you help me???????

Re: cincinnati sabre 750 machine off emergency stop pb

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio1 View Post
    hi i have a problem with the emergency stop pb button i checked the 504 cable there is no problem it shows on the machine off emergency stop pb screen can you help me???????
    Maybe the emergency stop button itself is broken or short circuit.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Re: cincinnati sabre 750 machine off emergency stop pb

Assuming you have the A2100 control there were at least 2 e-stop push buttons on each machine, possibly more depending on options so you need to verify all of them are released (and working).

Beyond this, the e-stop relay has 2 channels that both must be complete before the machine can start. Each of these chains goes through several connecting points (i.e. plugs/receptacles, switches, relay, etc.) and is a point that the signal can be lost. Trace each of these signals and find out where it is being lost.

And one final thought, although this wouldn't usually put and Emergency stop message on the screen. If any of the Overtravel switches is tripped the machine will not power on, or will only power on momentarily before shutting down when the Master Start button is released) so worth checking to see if you hit an overtravel (or have a switch stuck on).