584,862 active members*
5,442 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Femco durga 25e spindle won't start

Femco durga 25e spindle won't start

Hello,

I acquired a durga 25e with the fanuc 0T control and an autobar 400 loader on it. I had some issues getting it up and going. I believe I'm on my last problem to solve: I can't get the spindle to run.

The machine powers up, I initialize the loader, home the lathe, jog around, start a program, run the program, index the turret, and then the controller hangs up on the M03.

I've tried G96 S200, G97 S2000, messing with the G50 clamp... nothing. The spindle drive is stuck in the dash state, which I gather is not ready.

I've also played with the door interlock, but haven't chased down the wires to test.

This is my first fanuc machine, but I've ran and programmed 0M controls at my last job.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    James

Re: Femco durga 25e spindle won't start

Check the wiring of between the spindle motor and the spindle driver and the CNC controller, if the wirings are okay, then the problem might be from the spindle driver itself.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Quote Originally Posted by cncmakers001 View Post
    Check the wiring of between the spindle motor and the spindle driver and the CNC controller, if the wirings are okay, then the problem might be from the spindle driver itself.
    The first repair I did was spindle motor thermistor/ thermocouple wire repair. That really made a huge difference and took care of all of the alarms. I'll dig deeper.

I forgot to add that I have spindle jog buttons. Forward works at 10rpm only, and reverse doesn't work. I'll get someone with me in the morning to see if the drive comes out of its not ready state when it creeps forward with the jog.

Re: Femco durga 25e spindle won't start

So I started up the machine this morning. Everything operated as before. The spindle won't come on with within a program or mdi. The jog button does spin the spindle in the forward direction, but only at 10rpm. The drive goes into 00 mode during jog, but then comes out after the jog button is released.

I've tried the interlock key on both positions and bypassing the mechanical side of the door switch.

Are there interlocks in these controls that would allow a program movements and turret rotation, but not spindle rotation?

Thanks,
    James

Quote Originally Posted by iowa_jim View Post
    So I started up the machine this morning. Everything operated as before. The spindle won't come on with within a program or mdi. The jog button does spin the spindle in the forward direction, but only at 10rpm. The drive goes into 00 mode during jog, but then comes out after the jog button is released.

I've tried the interlock key on both positions and bypassing the mechanical side of the door switch.

Are there interlocks in these controls that would allow a program movements and turret rotation, but not spindle rotation?

Thanks,
    James
    There should be a chuck clamp signal to confirm the bar is clamped. There is also a chuck open signal to release the barfeed to push in the barfeed macro.

Check the chuck clamp/ unclamp logic to the wiring diagrams.

Correct switch input bit pattern needed to release the spindle to run.

Quote Originally Posted by servtech View Post
    There should be a chuck clamp signal to confirm the bar is clamped. There is also a chuck open signal to release the barfeed to push in the barfeed macro.

Check the chuck clamp/ unclamp logic to the wiring diagrams.

Correct switch input bit pattern needed to release the spindle to run.
    I got it figured out finally! I worked with the autobar service guy today. Turns out that the bar feed has a controller with batteries. Those were dead. The bar feed was was initializing just fine, but it lost the rest of its brains, and wouldn't enable the spindle. We bypassed that stuff for the time being, and now it seems to be running great!