585,578 active members*
3,872 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Hobbycnc (Products) > need help with new build and Airsoft Mach 4 board

need help with new build and Airsoft Mach 4 board

this build has a liitle bit of everything going on with it but would need some input, this is the third machine build I have done the first 2 were the very basic build this and plug theis wire in that sopt and it should all run, But this one is a little more in depth especially the Card!
    I am build a machine that is combining parts from Makerstore and yuyong industries, and want to run this with MACH 4, i ALREAD HAVE THE SOFTWARE ALONG WITH CONTROL CARD FROM AIRSOFT USB FOR MACH4, i HAVE NEVER WIRED ONE OF THOSE CARDS UP AND IT SEEMS SOMEWHAT challenging but it just may be me another gentalman on a FB site was cheering me on and trying to convice me that it is the same as the other comtrollers that I did on my 2 entry level machines.

Is there a clear concise schematic that would take me through it step by step? I will also be running closed loop steppers and have the airsoft Mach 4 control card?
    Thanks

Re: need help with new build and Airsoft Mach 4 board

Hi,

AIRSOFT USB FOR MACH4,

I have used Mach4 for eight years and am pretty familiar with all the manufacturers of different Mach4 ready motion controllers but I've never heard of one called 'Airsoft'.

Please post a picture of it, and who makes it?

Craig

Maybe he meant Artsoft?

Hi,
    well yes I considered that but Artsoft do not produce a motion control board at all, they provide Mach4 software only. Yet OP definitely refers to a piece of hardware.

Craig

Perhaps --perhaps-- there is a word left out, and what he really meant was: "airsoft approved Mach 4 control card".

Where did I get that idea? See post #1 in this thread: https://www.machsupport.com/forum/in...0610#msg270610

Hi,
    I suspect you are right, he has an RnR motion board, which are big trouble. They work with Mach3 , mostly or sometimes, but they do not work with Mach4 at all.

Craig