585,589 active members*
2,918 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Uncategorised CAD Discussion > Working of CAD Drawing Services

Working of CAD Drawing Services

Hey everyone,

I'm curious about how CAD drafting services work and what to expect when working with a provider. I've heard mixed experiences from others in the industry, so I'm hoping to get some insights and advice from this community.

Firstly, what types of software do CAD drafting service providers typically use? Are there any particular software that are more common or better suited for certain types of drawings?

Secondly, how do these providers typically charge for their services? Is it based on the complexity of the drawing, the time it takes to complete, or some other factor?

Lastly, what should I look for in a CAD drafting service provider to ensure that they are reliable and produce high-quality work? Are there any red flags that I should be aware of when evaluating potential providers?

I would appreciate any insights or advice on these questions or any other tips on working with CAD drafting services. Thanks in advance!

Re: Working of CAD Drawing Services

Hi Suri - I assume by the Qs you are going to use a drafting service not provide one.

1) Services provide a variety of CAD versions. Usually the client would specify what format to provide the data in. If the client is not fussed then it would be supplied in a neutral format such as STEP. I usually provide the native file eg Alibre, inventor, Fusion360, Rhino3d etc and a step file. Drawings are provided in pdf format.
    2) Charging is by agreement and I expect it varies around the world so can't comment on that. but I usually get a scope for the work and give a fixed quote or an hourly rate if the work is hard to define
    3) Buyer beware I suppose. Really you have to try someone and see how they fit, how reliable, how fast etc they are. Good Luck Peter