585,875 active members*
4,001 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > CNC dust collector not powering on

CNC dust collector not powering on

We have had a ez-Router for about 10 years now the other day the computer died from lack of maintenance in a dusty environment. Lone Star who sells the router and PC sent us a new PC. Plugged it in (what happened to plug and play?)and the dust collector won't kick on though the software tells me it's running. The software is Mach with V carve. Went into the congig menu and made sure the outputs were set correctly at least I believe they are. The spindle spins up and the vacuum bed kicks on but not the dust collector. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: CNC dust collector not powering on

There's probably a relay that's supposed to switch the dust collector on, responding to a low-voltage signal from the computer. That might not be functioning correctly. Check the connections, then the relay itself.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Re: CNC dust collector not powering on

I agree with QWERTY, get a multimeter and determine if the ready is clicking or getting the low signal to click on