585,753 active members*
3,826 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 5 of 5 345

Re: Foundation for a Concrete Form CNC

It would seem I have a lot to contemplate...On the next step in which direction to take this Project to... Concrete, E/G, Grout, Steel, Wood or Concrete/Grout with steel structure internally or Steel structure with grout or filler of a sort... Then there's the Motors as to pully them or not to pully them...Weld then have heat treated and/or bolt together...
    I'm still torn at the moment as to whether I want to go all steel design like I had originally wanted to and design with the lack of welded parts or keep them to a minimum and then fill with filler of sorts...
    But that concrete/Grout sure does look like it has a lot of potential for a sound base...
    Plenty to consider and account for to get to the right direction for that sweet machine that one can add to and not have the desire to re-due...
    I'm sure there will be more to ask questions with/about so let's start a new topic as those occasions come about. So, for now, let's close this one out...
    You guys have been a huge help...Thanks
    Paul

Good Luck - Peter

"Concrete/Grout with steel structure internally" you can scratch this one out, that would be a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by ardenum2 View Post
    Sure. C7/5/3 or sometimes called P7/5/3 are commonly used to describe ballscrew accuracy. It also gets applied to other components like ballscrew support mounts and linear rails. The full spectrum goes from 0 to 10 but C7/5/3 are the most commonly available to buy for the diy.

C7's are available all around, you can get C5 from aliexpress from a few vendors, C3's only from here https://www.aliexpress.com/store/gro...002562133.html

these are the cheapest options and to give you an idea if you wanted to get C3 directly from a company it would cost a few grand per piece.

the lower the number for a given component the more precise parts you can make.

bulky extrusions(heavy type) will suffice if you want to use a router spindle.

Which C's to get? eg. I want to make my own torque motors and spindles so I'll be getting C3 components, I need that extra micron precision. If you want to make things that don't move that don't necessarily require the precision like let's say enclosures or functional parts around the home or workshop C7's or C5's will be good enough. Since C5's from china aren't that much more expensive I'd go with C5's from aliexpress, check the reviews to be sure.
    AliExpress search is terrible.

There are more sellers of C3 screws on AliExpress now.
    DTK
    TBI
    7xCNC.com - CNC info for the minilathe (7x10, 7x12, 7x14, 7x16)

Quote Originally Posted by Texasbowhunter View Post
    Peter
    Just got off the phone with Sika inquiring about the Ultra and the 3350 here in the states...According to him You guys are the only ones to have this product available to the consumer...He did not mention he could get it nor did he volunteer to try and obtain the product...What he did recommend was Sika 42 Grout pack which sounds like his description was an epoxy base and has a 100 mpa...
    Me Not knowing what the 100 mpa was referencing, he had a comparison to what he could find being as close to what the Ultra or 3350 was advertised as that is what he offered and suggested he in the states...
    This is what he suggested: https://usa.sika.com/en/construction...grout-pak.html
    Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Hi Paul - The sikadur is epoxy and it has a modulus of 9GPa. Aluminium is 70Gpa and steel is 200GPa. The grouts run around 40GPa and the 3350 is 58Gpa. I have found a grout in the US for someone that's good. Its in my Milli thread I'll do a search. Peter

Heres the NA grout I found - https://www.ctscement.com/product/ul...?c=GROUTING&t= they also have other non shrink grouts that maybe suitbale.
    Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Hi Paul - The ultraflow is a 100% CSA grout with sand added. So its a very different animal to portland concrete... Peter so if your in a dry area you need to cover the cast and keep it wet for some days to stop the surface drying out ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Texasbowhunter View Post
    Well Peter As You may recall I wanted to build a steel framed base sometime last time we spoke...Some would have to be welded which would have applied to much heat to the frame then with the stress relieving I was told I would require I kind of put that on hold...I felt there was possibly something else out there that would do more with less outside involvement which I would have no control over...
    So, after stumbling upon this DIY Concrete Version, I posted earlier I knew that If I created a Mold in which I could get done most accurately I would be ahead of the possibility of out of square or flat...
    The router would be in the garage where there was no climate control for the temps and with the steel frame it would be subject to various temp changes and then the inherit rigidity associated with this...
    It certainly appears that there's rigidity incorporated with XYZ_spec's build using this concept...and as I have seen there's a lot of folks that are adding the E/G to their units to add the rigidity to improve on the various aspects of their desire for the CNC to perform to their desired wishes and expectations...
    So, I want rigidity foremost and a material that's not subject to change when the weather changes...I don't want to go back and add material in the hollows/cavity's trying to add the rigidity later because I under designed it early on or after having that design in a steel frame regret not figuring out a way of achieving the better base to begin with...
    I looked and watch all od Piotr's build...OMG is that impressive, then there's RouterCNC on the Utube and has built quite an impressive unit...Over engineered perhaps but none the less the engineering that went into that was impressive...Then you have Bryan Howard who built a PrintNC and although it was very well built, in which he spent some time ensuring all was correct and square he's fabricating additional designs into his build to make it heavier to ensure he has the rigidity he desires...
    I don't want to under design and then redesign later...
    Hope this relay's well,
    Paul

If you need mineral castings.You can contact me, my email:[email protected]
    I'm from China,My company has produced a lot of products, small can reach 100KG, large can do 46 tons.
    My English is very average and I don't know how to upload photos. Very reason to share my product with you.

https://grabcad.com/library/new-mate...ral-castings-1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-MaW View Post
    If you need mineral castings.You can contact me, my email:[email protected]
    I'm from China,My company has produced a lot of products, small can reach 100KG, large can do 46 tons.
    My English is very average and I don't know how to upload photos. Very reason to share my product with you.

https://grabcad.com/library/new-mate...ral-castings-1
    how much do you charge per kg?
    do you have an alibaba page?

I'm sorry, but I need to quote based on the drawings. The factory price is:RMB(CNY) ¥ 9-19yuna/KG.
    1(USD)=7.1(CNY).
    Specific drawings are needed. Do you like my work?

Page 5 of 5 345