585,779 active members*
4,068 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Line numbes at M6

Question Line numbes at M6

I've been trying to edit the default Mastercam mill post processor to include an N number before each M6. I found this thread (https://en.industryarena.com/forum/j...l--158391.html), and while it does work it doesn't insert an N number before forced tool changes.

Can someone with a little more experienced shed some light on this? I'm using Mastercam 2020 and a Haas VF1, I've attached my post processor in case that helps.
    Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Line numbes at M6

Shoot. Probably should have posted this in the post processors sub forum.

Quote Originally Posted by 253machinist View Post
    I've been trying to edit the default Mastercam mill post processor to include an N number before each M6. I found this thread (https://en.industryarena.com/forum/j...l--158391.html), and while it does work it doesn't insert an N number before forced tool changes.

Can someone with a little more experienced shed some light on this? I'm using Mastercam 2020 and a Haas VF1, I've attached my post processor in case that helps.
    Thanks!
    Why do you need line numbers, in most cam software there is a check box that can allow you to post your line # or not.
    Mactec54

I know how to remove them and I don't want them on every line. I'm trying to do something like this:
    N4
    T4M6

Quote Originally Posted by 253machinist View Post
    I know how to remove them and I don't want them on every line. I'm trying to do something like this:
    N4
    T4M6
    So you are "forcing a toolchange" on a tool that is currently in-use... ?
    Why would you want to force a duplication of sequence numbers ?
    If I needed a retract, inspection stop etc.... I would utilise " Manual Input" to insert code into your program
    Ie
    G91 G28 Z0.
    G90
    M00 ( CHECK PART)
    (CYCLE START TO CONTINUE)
    N999 M3

Have you proved that you can restart your program at this forced TC line ? ... does it put in the tool length callup (G43 Hxx) ?
    I thought "forced toolchange" just sent it to full retract position.... you need to check if you can restart your program where you want the sequence number inserted.

It's useful for dialing in finishing passes that come after long roughing passes so you don't have to wait through the roughing again (and yes ideally you'd use separate tools but this is just school work). It posts out fine with an M6 and all the offsets, I just needed to manually add the N numbers to get it formatted how I like it. I did eventually get it working, I'll do a write up later.