585,698 active members*
3,333 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > EDM Discussion General Topics > NEED HELP! Fanuc error 337 U encoder won't reset

NEED HELP! Fanuc error 337 U encoder won't reset

Need some help. I was cutting some flats on buttons today and the first one did goo. I have the program written where it is supposed to go to the Start position then run. I have don't this before and it worked, Today however, hit cycle start for 2nd run and it run into the part with both top and bottom. I got X and U encoder errors on the machine position screen. Alarm screen said I have to do a reference point set to clear fix it. Figured that out and got X to clear but I can't get U to clear. I've tried running reference point on it as well as resetting verticality and it won't clear. I can move it all over but as long as that error is there it won't cut. The U only flashes in the Machine position screen but not in Relative or Absolute.

If anyone knows how to clear this I would appreciate it. I'll call Methods if I have to but hopefully I won't have to.

Re: NEED HELP! Fanuc error 337 U encoder won't reset

IF YOU DONT NEED TO CUT TAPER GO INTO PARAMETERS AND TELL THE MACHINE ITS A 2 AXIS TURN OF U AND V AXIS. THEN SEE IF TI WILL RUN.