584,805 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Maintenance in General > SERVICE FOR CNC-MACHINES > Dmg dmu125 error c380 motor Z not controllable

Angry Dmg dmu125 error c380 motor Z not controllable

Hi everyone,
    We are new on the forum. We have big problem with our dmu 125 last few weeks. And i think, only on this forum have smarter people who know what problem maybe is..
    Few weeks ago we repair Z axis with original dmg parts. After this we have error c380 motor Z not controllable. (picture in attach)..control is heidenhain TNC 426.
    We change:
    - motor with encoder, cable for encoder, cable for motor, LT modul, output on heidenhain unit with new parametars
    And error still exist.
    When we switch on machine, and switch energy and hidraulik, before initiall null punkt, we can hand moving x axis and rotating table. but when we hand move z axis we have error.
    When we start machine, without any load, on screen we have overload on z axis.. we dont know why and we think this is maybe key but we dont know reason for this overload without any moving ☹️☹️
    Does anybode know what can be?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EE9BD49B-7B85-4DA8-A69E-C5A00308A11D.jpg   F2B49074-9709-4240-9249-3001950E3232.jpg   6BF043FF-1BC9-4DB9-B3F9-BF5F59FE39B3.jpg  

Re: Dmg dmu125 error c380 motor Z not controllable

Hi,

Is yours a DMU125P?

Could you compare the motor part number of the original motor which was with the machine and the new motor? This can happen if the motor type number changes. If the type number has changed, you need to update this in the machine parameters (There is a parameter defining motor model and then the machine takes the data pertaining to the motor into its calculations. Wrong motor type will directly show this error.

The machine originally has 1FT6105 motors for XYZ if I remember correctly. Could you check and post a picture of your new and old motor type?
    Best regards
    Jaideep

Re: Dmg dmu125 error c380 motor Z not controllable

Hi Pribicevic,

Were you able to solve your issue? This can happen for the following reasons:
    1. Change in motor phase sequence during replacement
    2. Mechanical jam- if the axis has hit a dead stop or something is physically jamming the axis (or something is jamming the scale reader)
    3. Check the PWM cables between the control and the drive
    4. Change the output port and swap the PWM cables to see if the error transfers to a different axis

Also, I need some help from your end- I have a DMU125P wherein I am trying to change the control from Millplus to TNC426 or iTNC530. Would it be possible for you to share the following -
    1. Machine backup through TNCremo
    2. Electrical Manual number (If you have a soft copy that would be helpful, but if you don't, then a photo of the front page of the electrical manual so that I can obtain the soft copy from DMG if they have it available locally)

Best regards

Jaideep