585,760 active members*
3,844 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Hardware > How to know if Stepper motor and Stepper driver is compatible.

How to know if Stepper motor and Stepper driver is compatible.

Hello,

I have a Chinese laser cutter that can only be operated via USB to Corel Laser.
    So I am considering making a conversion to Ruida controller.

My problem so far is that I cannot find a data sheet for my stepper motor which lable says "Stepper CZ HUAIDA MOTOR 42HM47 - 1204XACDL No.: 20220708"
    So I am not sure if it will go with my Leadshine M542 Stepper driver. (which i retrieved from my cnc router)

The guy in te YouTube video linked below, has the same Stepper driver, and he uses Nema 17 stepper motors.
    How do I find more info about my current stepper motors, and if they will go with the stepper drivers?

Attachment 492014
    Attachment 492016

Attachment 492018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cu8UdUm_3c&t=182s

I Have found my motor in the picture for this product https://www.amazon.com.au/OMTech-Att.../dp/B09XQ82YQW
    However, the product claims to be equipped with a Nema 17 motor.

Here is allso a data sheet which happens to contain the number 42HM47 which I have on my motor
    Attachment 492022

Re: How to know if Stepper motor and Stepper driver is compatible.

That stepper driver should be okay.

Be sure you set up the steps correctly otherwise in the worst case the gantry might crash due to scaled motion.
    Pay attention to the microswitches - which settings are used. Which microstep configuration and which amperage.

Basically you can just drop in any kind of driver you want as long as the power is enough (ampere).

I guess those drivers are stm32 / H-bridge or trinamic based nowadays, those are pretty good in my experience.