Reaching out because I don't know what to do. Mach 4. ESS. CNC Router 3 Axis. Machine operational. Upgraded from Mach 3 to Mach 4 with an ESS a while ago. Ran out of time. Sorting out the fine points now. Don't understand a few things yet mostly functions. Reasonably advanced builder and operator. Small amount of LUA experience. Very stupid problem. Need a big picture answer.

Mach 4 GUI has blue indicator LEDs on/off correctly responding to my 3 probe inputs toggled being G31, G31.1 and G31.2 respectfully. The 'Touch" module operates fine without error. I did need to uncheck the "Probe failure disables Mach" because it was only able to make one probing move. The Z and corner option requires more than one move, and wont work with this option checked. The functionality of the "Touch" module appears to be very basic I feel the "Probe" module would be a better option.

Probe Module.

Doesnt work at all but reacts strangely if I try. Unable to get any indication of the probe active. Ie the blue LED on the probe module never lights up no matter what input is selected. No combination works. G31 - nothing. G31.1 nothing. G31.2 nothing. Also nothing if I try all options for the other probes. Also, the Probe module wont save any inputs. I have to input I have a 2mm probe tip, feed rate etc every time I open it.

Also. The Probe Module, did appear to work, once, today. This time, no matter which G31.x code I selected, my main probe activated it (the probe LED on the probe screen). That was what I call stupid because it only did once.

Out of several diagnostic mediums I choose, all of them prove the respective probe inputs are correct and active but the blue LEDs are a good indicator immediately.

I need some good robust help please I am a bit gutted as the machine goes so well. is it possible my probing LUA script is corrupted? Or is it perhaps needing some serious work to suit my machine - weird though, the touch works. Do I need to spend hours and hours learning LUA to resolve this when basically I just want to use my machine. Gee. Even Mach 3 I was able to probe with ease.

In all reality if I need to I will learn LUA. Be great if I dont have too. Thanks in advance