585,917 active members*
3,554 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Servo motor help with weird cable connector

Servo motor help with weird cable connector

Hey everyone!
    I purchased 3 new servo motors and they have a power cable (which connects to the drive) which has the UVW and grounding wires, but also requires me two plug in L, N and a ground wire.

But i cannot find a way to open the connector to plug in wires. And i'm afraid to damage it trying, so i'm here asking for some guidance. How am i supposed to plug a wire here if it has no screw like regular terminals?

Also, should i feed direct power from the grid, or should i use filters like EMI? I have a few, can i use one for 3 motors if it has enough capacity? What else should i use to protect the circuit? The motors are AC 750W. I'm using pulse/dir as interface.

Thank you guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WhatsApp_Image_2023-05-04_at_21.55.37.jpg   WhatsApp_Image_2023-05-04_at_21.55.36.jpg   WhatsApp_Image_2023-05-04_at_21.55.24.jpg   WhatsApp Image 2023-05-04 at 21.55.37.jpg  

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-04 at 21.55.36.jpg   WhatsApp Image 2023-05-04 at 21.55.24.jpg  

Re: Servo motor help with weird cable connector

CNCZone readers may find that the attached image files don't display. If that happens for you, the images are viewable at sister site Industry Area. Here is the thread link: https://en.industryarena.com/forum/s...r--458691.html

Those connectors have spring contacts. A special tool (looks like a thin awl) is inserted into the rectangular opening to release the wire.

You can buy the tool, or make one yourself with an old small screwdriver and a bench grinder.

https://www.eio.com/products/wera-05...s-spring-cages

CitizenofDreams is correct these are spring connectors. You can press wires into opening and use a small awl or paper clip in the tiny square hole I’ll release the wire. I also recommend you use EMI filter before the AC power source wires go to the servos