585,581 active members*
3,841 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > PowerMILL > post processor for mach3 (lathe for wood legs)
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: post processor for mach3 (lathe for wood legs)

I dont get involved in cracked software. I have done in the past. This is why I have tried to steer that fellow onto fusion 360 but he has still said he will continue to use his cracked powermill. I know it happens I'm not going to call him out for using it but at the end of the day his start post was asking for mach3 post it then escalated into him fessing up about the cracked version. I just hope it's delcam version pre 2016 and not autodesk because that'll get him into serious trouble. I thank your concern and if people judge me for discussing cracked software then so be it.

N

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk
    Everyday is a school day.

Hi,

I dont get involved in cracked software. I have done in the past.
    I'm guilty of the same thing...when I could afford proper software I got it...and have not had any pirate software for over ten years.
    Anyone whom chooses to crack Autodesk is risking trouble in my opinion.

An observation that I've made that is sort of related; is the Chinese propensity to copy both software and hardware. In particular the BitSensor, RnR (and others) Mach3
    motion boards. They are all clones of each other and none of the manufacturers of them know how they work. This is the downside of piracy, it prevents innovation
    and development because someone copies it and all your investment can not be re-paid. As a consequence there is no innovation and development.

I'd rather not have tp pay Autodesk, or at least as much, but they keep coming up with new features and maintain a pretty damned solid forum with company paid gurus
    to staff it. That happens because I and many others pay and would not happen otherwise.

Craig

I completely agree with you Craig. I think fusion have filled this particular issue by making entry based software that not only appeals to schools and the hobbyists. But to experienced users of cad/cam software.
    It's cheap to buy and the software can grow with the extensions you choose so the price will add up.

Hi,
    I did not like the subscription model myself, but I must confess that I have come to favor it . I too believe that Fusions basic subscription is well priced and a clever move by Autodesk.
    I find the Machining Extensions somewhat harder to justify at $1600/year over and above the basic subscription, although I will acknowledge that its is still very price competitive
    relative to the other players in the market.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    I don't know what the policy is on pirate software here on the forum, but it does not reflect well on you personally. That some 'Russian Guy' has cracked PowerMill
    is par for the course and may well describe some the disdain that many hold the Russians in.

Craig
    It´s not allowed to share this on the forum, see our forum rules:
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnczo...rum-posts.html

Number 8:
    "... This community forum is a place for ideas and constructive participation and not a place to violate any laws or to discuss illegal activities. This type of activity includes, but is not limited to, advocating or asking for information regarding software piracy or unauthorized emulators of software or hardware, sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, "cracks" or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks or any other systems. Please refrain from posting this kind of message."
    Community Manager <a href="https://de.industryarena.com/" target="_blank">https://de.industryarena.com/</a>

I'll say my apologies before this discussion is removed.

Quote Originally Posted by nodgedeeeeeeee View Post
    I dont get involved in cracked software. I have done in the past. This is why I have tried to steer that fellow onto fusion 360 but he has still said he will continue to use his cracked powermill. I know it happens I'm not going to call him out for using it but at the end of the day his start post was asking for mach3 post it then escalated into him fessing up about the cracked version. I just hope it's delcam version pre 2016 and not autodesk because that'll get him into serious trouble. I thank your concern and if people judge me for discussing cracked software then so be it.

N

hi
    i don't have any problem with what you say at all , am with your side , but i want to work with powermill , just because i found solution that are free
    and i know also , for you and craig that your country and companies like autodesk , may punish anyone if they use cracked version of any software
    for me am located in morocco i thinks that 80% of workshop use cracked version , because there is no rules here for anything like this , cracked software .....
    for fusion 360 i know it the best solution but , i don't have that money to pay it , plus am just trying to build this machine in very small workshop ,
    that all

Hopefully you have the information you need to do what you want to do. By the looks of it you won't be allowed to discuss any further on here unless it's something we can help you with that doesn't involve issues relating to cracked software.

Simply don't post about "cracked" software. What you do in your own shop is your problem, but if you post here about "cracked" software moderators will remove the post(s).

Hi,
    Morocco is a signatory member of the Paris Convention so the law on copyright infringement applies equally well in Morocco as it does New Zealand.

If you infringe Autodesk's intellectual property you might find yourself prosecuted. It may not be common in Morocco, nor is it in New Zealand, especially against
    an individual, but they come down 'like a ton of bricks' on businesses who infringe. Usually, the case never goes to court, the infringing organization have to pay up
    bigtime or be put out of business.

I would not publicize the fact that you use cracked software, even if you think it OK, the copyright holders definitely do not.

Craig
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MorrocanLaw.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by RaderSidetrack View Post
    Simply don't post about "cracked" software. What you do in your own shop is your problem, but if you post here about "cracked" software moderators will remove the post(s).
    hi
    am not using powermill (cracked ), i was just asking . and i will not using it ,
    i will search for another legal software to do the work

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    Morocco is a signatory member of the Paris Convention so the law on copyright infringement applies equally well in Morocco as it does New Zealand.

If you infringe Autodesk's intellectual property you might find yourself prosecuted. It may not be common in Morocco, nor is it in New Zealand, especially against
    an individual, but they come down 'like a ton of bricks' on businesses who infringe. Usually, the case never goes to court, the infringing organization have to pay up
    bigtime or be put out of business.

I would not publicize the fact that you use cracked software, even if you think it OK, the copyright holders definitely do not.

Craig
    hi craig
    thanks for your reply ,
    am not istalling powermill (cracked ) i was just asking , but for now i will not installing the software or working with it

Hi,

am not istalling powermill (cracked ) i was just asking
    Understood, I know its very tempting and ten plus years ago I too did as you were contemplating. In the end I got sick of not being able to ask questions on forums such as this
    and certainly not the software manufacturers forum. Eventually I did the right thing and ditched the pirate stuff and used either cheap or free CAM.

Fusion 360 has floated to the top in my opinion.

Fusion 360 is free to hobbyists and start-ups. Such a free version may have restrictions that I am unaware of....but even with restrictions it is a very good piece of software,
    not necessarily without its faults but very good nonetheless. May I suggest download it and get started. You will have about a year to decide whether you want to subscribe.
    This would get you 2D, 2.5D and 3D toolpaths and indexing fourth axis.

Simultaneous four axis is quite a step up in cost. Machining Extensions are offered as a free one month trial. If you get yourself and your machine set-up properly and then pull the trigger
    on a free trial you'll have a full month to generate as many four axis toolpaths as you can. Even when the trial ends you still have the toolpaths and you can carry on with those indefinitely.
    If I recall correctly Machining Extensions are also offered in it may be weekly or it might be monthly subscriptions. No doubt it would be a costly way to do it but like before you can spend the week
    madly producing toolpaths which you can keep and use for years after.

As I have posted I already have, and have done for several years, Fusion's basic subscription. Whether you can get either a free trial or buy a short duration subscription of Machining Extensions
    WITHOUT having a paid up subscription to Fusion Basic is unknown to me, I'd suspect not. If that's the case then I had to recommend Fusion Basic. While four axis toolpaths might be the pinnacle of
    what you do, whats the bet that just good 2D, 2.5D, 3D and 3D plus indexing 4 will be very useful.

My subscription is coming due soon. The Basic subscription is due at the end of June. It's a slam dunk for me.....I use it, and I use it, and I use it.....I couldn't make a living without it. The Machining
    Extensions subscription becomes due at the end of July, and it will cost $3000NZD, give or take. I'll be hard pressed to find the money for it. I have been somewhat silly in that when I got the subscription (July 2022)
    I did not have my fourth axis properly set up and had no fifth axis. As a consequence much of this past year while I've had a good subscription I have not used it nearly as much as I should have.
    I have generated plenty of four axis toolpaths now that my fourth axis is complete, but I'm still not finished my fifth axis, and would guess that it will be another month or so before the fifth axis is done
    and by then I'll have little time to experiment before the subscription expires. I did not judge this well.

I may perforce be required to take short duration (one week?? one month??) Machining Extensions subscriptions if I can't find the money for a full years subscription.

Craig

Page 2 of 2 12