584,837 active members*
5,204 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Milltronics T17 with Centurion 5T Controller Troubleshooting

Milltronics T17 with Centurion 5T Controller Troubleshooting

I turned on my lathe today and it was acting strangely and I'm at a loss to troubleshoot. The control is acting sluggish and doesn't seem to be catching all of the key presses and if I hold a key down, it stutters entering them and the timing of their entry is not equally spaced as I would expect. Also, the front panel lights seem to be out of sync with what is happening, sometimes being delayed before turning off or on and sometimes for example the cycle start light will flash after its been pressed and stay flashing when it should go off. The machine has no issues homing or changing gears, jogging and commanding a spindle speed, but when the spindle is commanded on it rotates slowly (<7.5 rpm) CCW, regardless of the speed or which direction is commanded.

I thought with such a wide spread of issues it might be a power supply, but I checked power at the keyboard encoder cards at J1A pins 1 (5V), 4 (24V), 5 (+12V), and 6 (-24) and all checked good. I ran the machine last week and it had no issues. Any suggestions for further troubleshooting? Thanks.

EDIT: Also, the CW and CCW spindle control buttons have never worked since I bought it. I'm not sure if thats at all related.

Re: Milltronics T17 with Centurion 5T Controller Troubleshooting

While looking through the parameters I remembered the last time I used the machine I was trying to figure out why the spindle control buttons weren't working and changed a parameter. It made no difference at the time and I must have forgot to set it back. I changed it back and it works again now. It'd still be nice to figure out the spindle controls though if anyone has any thoughts on that. I can't pause a program to stop the spindle then restart it to resume a program with it.