585,954 active members*
4,514 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Endmill source

I need to replenish my stock of endmills. I like the Yg-1 Alu Power. Who has the best prices including shipping costs?

Re: Endmill source

https://www.carbidetoolsource.com

Good quality cutters, made in the US, 12 dollar shipping to Canada

edit: Copy and paste, it wouldnt let me post the whole link address.
    mike sr

Agreed and I have purchased their excellent products in the past. Unfortunately, everything that I need is listed as "out of stock".

According to the (write up??), he had been ill and is now catching back up on the depleted stock. I like that they have free or reasonable shipping and made in USA...
    mike sr

$12 flat rate shipping to Canada is pretty much unheard of . Has anyone used their smaller ballnose like 1/16 or 3/32 on aluminum . SGS is about the best I've found in that size range to stand up to what I put them through , but $30 for a 10 pack looks intriguing .

In regards to yg-1 - I used to buy them from suncoast precision , except the last couple times I tried they no longer shipped to Canada . I gave up on yg cutter a couple years ago so things may have changed since then . Grainger sells them but like everything they sell they are way over priced .

I just checked and things like his 1/4 x 3/4 AluCut are listed as "Sold Out" when one tries to order. I definitely hope that they are able to restart production.

have you tried talking to anyone here ? https://www.yg1.ca/

you can find some of that stuff on ebay but it's hit and miss whether the seller will be there the next time you need tools . Some are good and are regularly selling , I've been buying sgs from one seller for years except he doesn't carry yg

Have you looked into MA Ford or Fullerton?

Thank you for the Carbide Tool Source endmill lead. I ended up buying a 5 pack of 1/4” x 3/4” 4-flute for $39.25 and a 1/2” x 2” 3-flute Alumacut for a blistering $47.30.

I had really wanted some 3 flute endmills for aluminum but they were out of stock in the 1/4”, 3/8”, and 1/2” sizes I wanted. The $47 1/2” endmill I bought was the only 1/2” 3-flute in stock.

Their home page says that they stopped production for several months while downsizing their shop. It is hard to imagine a smaller shop than they had from this video four years ago.

https://youtu.be/8G4rtgJEW2M?si=R4_XEuUDGwP9sum7

Quote Originally Posted by Titaniumboy View Post
    Thank you for the Carbide Tool Source endmill lead. I ended up buying a 5 pack of 1/4” x 3/4” 4-flute for $39.25 and a 1/2” x 2” 3-flute Alumacut for a blistering $47.30.

I had really wanted some 3 flute endmills for aluminum but they were out of stock in the 1/4”, 3/8”, and 1/2” sizes I wanted. The $47 1/2” endmill I bought was the only 1/2” 3-flute in stock.

Their home page says that they stopped production for several months while downsizing their shop. It is hard to imagine a smaller shop than they had from this video four years ago.

gorilla tag
    very good. At this price it is reasonable