586,011 active members*
4,215 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Post Notepad++ gcode plugin

Hi all !

A while ago I posted here about my project => https://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnc-e...-software.html.

Lately I have been working on implementing some of the features within a Notepad++ plugin.
    I use Notepad++ a lot to edit various kind of script and files, and I think it could be useful to be able to plot some gcode inside.

So here it is, the notepad++ gcode simulation plugin: https://github.com/NCalu/NCneticNpp

The plugin has been tested only by me so use at your own risk...
    Any feedbacks, positive or negative are welcome.

Re: Notepad++ gcode plugin

works like a charm and plots large files quickly , nice plugin thanks . I've got backplotters and editors but I find myself using notepad++ a lot . Mostly due to it's macro functions which allow me to do mass edits to my programs with a single mouse click . The backpoltter will be a big help .

I downloaded ncnetics a while back and only played with it a few times but I like it . Are you still developing that or have you done what you need to do with it

Thanks, glad the plugin works somewhere else than on my computer .
    I consider that a good start.

I am still developing NCnetic, I use it for my work.

What backplotters/editors do you use ?

I use ncplot which I like overall with the exception of a couple quirks

hy kalu i just looked a bit over NCnetic

i am interested in solid interference algorithms, intersection between 2 cilinders, etc

i would like to talk more with you; do you use wathasp, telegram, something ? kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Thank you, this is a very nice to have tool in N++. If anything, I'd note that it's a bit awkward to tell which file you're looking at plotted if you have multiple ones open in N++. The plotted file being colored/styled does indicate which one it is, but that's the only way I found to tell, and with many files open that could get tedious.

The other small drawback I see is that there's no way to combine multiple files into a single plot - but that would probably be a lot of work to do anything about. I usually split various phases / tools of machining into separate files for my GRBL-driven mini desktop mill, which is why being able to load and plot all of them together in NC Corrector is something I use a lot. But that's just icing on the cake...

Other viewers I use are Camotics, NCSim and the CNCEdit Basic CNC Viewer. There's always something one of them does better and when in doubt, I get to compare "second opinions" - but in the end I'm just a hobby user with unsophisticated needs...

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hy kalu i just looked a bit over NCnetic

i am interested in solid interference algorithms, intersection between 2 cilinders, etc

i would like to talk more with you; do you use wathasp, telegram, something ? kindly
    I sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by blinkenlight View Post
    Thank you, this is a very nice to have tool in N++. If anything, I'd note that it's a bit awkward to tell which file you're looking at plotted if you have multiple ones open in N++. The plotted file being colored/styled does indicate which one it is, but that's the only way I found to tell, and with many files open that could get tedious.
    I understand, if you click on the toolpath it should jump back to the file plotted.
    Do you have some other user friendly solutions in mind ?

The other small drawback I see is that there's no way to combine multiple files into a single plot - but that would probably be a lot of work to do anything about. I usually split various phases / tools of machining into separate files for my GRBL-driven mini desktop mill, which is why being able to load and plot all of them together in NC Corrector is something I use a lot. But that's just icing on the cake...
    I think it can be done by combining the various files together in one and then plot them in NCnetic.
    In the old versions of NCnetic this was an option, but it was messy so I prefer not to deal with that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Kalu_9891 View Post
    I understand, if you click on the toolpath it should jump back to the file plotted.
    Do you have some other user friendly solutions in mind ?
    Neat, I haven't noticed that. I had nothing fancy in mind just maybe adding the plotted file's name and/or path to the plot window title bar, that currently only says "NCnetic". Possibly marking the opened file's tab somehow, if there's some easy way for plugins to do that sort of thing...

Neat, I haven't noticed that. I had nothing fancy in mind just maybe adding the plotted file's name and/or path to the plot window title bar, that currently only says "NCnetic". Possibly marking the opened file's tab somehow, if there's some easy way for plugins to do that sort of thing...
    Good idea !
    I will check if I can implement that