584,800 active members*
4,822 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > Leadwell with Meldas 520amr wont complete tool change 9001-Help

Leadwell with Meldas 520amr wont complete tool change 9001-Help

reposted here as no responce in Uncatergorised area

Hello all I hope this is posted in the correct place.

I have a Leadwell MCV 760 AP That I have just purchased Via auction, it was listed as being in use until the day it was pulled out to make room for a new machine and had videos of it running and changing tools, unfortunately when the pulled it out they deleted all the programs including the ATC 9001, the warm up and Cycles and when it was delivered the backup battery was hanging by its cord. it did not loose its parameters but it did corrupt some which caused some unusual things to happen.
    (edit)(1st up after putting 9001 back into the mill it successfully completed 2 tool changes moving along 5 tool slots each change, but then it just stopped working)

I have managed to get it back up and running with the exception of the tool change which i wrote to 9001 and is called by M6

T6 M6 ; sets it off and brings in 9001 prog

G4;
    T#20;
    G4 P200;
    IF [#1000 EQ1] GOTO4;
    IF [#1001 EQ1] GOTO4;
    M66;
    G80;
    #130 = #4003;
    #131 = #4006;
    G91 G28 Z0;
    G49;
    N1 IF [#1002 EQ0] GOTO1;
    G30 Z0 P2;
    N2 IF [#1003 EQ0] GOTO2;
    G28 Z0;
    G#130;
    G#131;
    N3 IF [#1004 EQ0] GOTO3;
    N4 M67;
    M99;
    %

now orients the spindle
    raises to Z0
    brings the umbrella right to the head and releases the tool in the magazine the head the lifts to the raised position to clear the other tools with the air still flowing through the drawbar, and just sits there forever

under monitor command it is stopped at

N2 IF [#1003 EQ0] GOTO2; which is waiting for a sensor or switch or something to send a signal to brake the loop but i have no idea what #1003 is. I do know from another post here that N1 IF [#1002 EQ0] GOTO1; basically just says "wait until variable 1002 is not zero", in other words, sit and wait (while the drawbar is moving down) until it's completed moving down and the down sensor actuates. ( copied from the original post )

I have cleaned the switches on the umbrella as well as the proximity sensor, the 2 switches on the drawbar all the axis switches XYZ including the prox sensor on the Z. this has been a real head scratcher for me and i was hoping that someone will be able to point me in the right direction ?

many thanks
    Anthony

Re: Leadwell with Meldas 520amr wont complete tool change 9001-Help

I was talking to a different person regarding an older version of the Mitsubishi controls, in this case an M3 (basically an M3xx vintage) and I think he had a similar problem with a Leadwell. He was able to contact the factory and obtain the tool change macro. You may want to try that. Sometimes manufacturers are also nice and include the macro in the manual, so check there too (yeah, it may seem like a dumb thing to suggest, but sometimes we forget the obvious).

As for parameters.... I'm a little surprised. The M3xx vintage is older than your M5xx, but the M3xx has parameters in EEPROM. A battery can be completely dead and you can reload parameters from EEPROM if you use the right switch setting when reinitializing the machine. You can also wipe out the EEPROM settings, I think, which would not be good. This is why I'm a firm believer in downloading parameters at the earliest time possible, even if you think they are bad. There is never any harm is having a junk copy if, in fact, it is junk. By contrast, once you wipe out a setting, you can never go back. So, backup backup backup.

Anyhow, Mitsubishi seemed to have a "always improve the system, but don't take away anything" type of approach. As such, I'd be a little surprised if they didn't have EEPROM in your 520 product.

Re: Leadwell with Meldas 520amr wont complete tool change 9001-Help

Hello MrMetric thanks for your reply, The m500 does have eprom and the canned cycles do live on there but like i said it apeared like the old owners deleted all programs to remove thier ip from machine but went one step too far and deleted everything.

I have the tool change macro which is shown up above the macro is sound it is just the N2 IF [#1003 EQ0] GOTO2 it is constantly looping on with no errors, Just for fun I removed that line to see what would happen and the mill did the normal orient, lift head to home, move the umreller right , drop tool and lift head with air blast going then lowered head back onto tool and clamped then took umbrella back to the left. basically the full cycle minus moving the tool changer either cw or ccw to new tool.
    if any one has any sugestions no mater how daft i am open ears

Also the M500 controllers Rs232 port no longer works and can only be directly programed from the controll panel so there is no chance of backups or restors other than manual input direct into the m500 from the keypad :-(((

thanks