585,727 active members*
3,874 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Need Help!!! 03 Alarm on Spindle Amplifier

Angry Need Help!!! 03 Alarm on Spindle Amplifier

I have a hitachi seiki and A06B-6088-H222#500 spindle amplifier, was working great then I got this alarm(well that is how it always happens).
    I have read that error code 03 is Fuse on DC link Blown. But where the heck is that fuse?
    Anyone encounter this before?

With ALM 3 on tour spm, and nothing else, tour fuse IS blown inside.
    But i Never Saw a spm working afer fuse exchange..
    Something is dead..

QUOTE=robbie0202;2554866]I have a hitachi seiki and A06B-6088-H222#500 spindle amplifier, was working great then I got this alarm(well that is how it always happens).
    I have read that error code 03 is Fuse on DC link Blown. But where the heck is that fuse?
    Anyone encounter this before?[/QUOTE]

Re: Need Help!!! 03 Alarm on Spindle Amplifier

The fuse of the DC link has blown (the voltage at the DC link is insufficient). This alarm is checked when emergency stop is cancelled. 1) If this alarm is issued during spindle operation (rotation) the fuse of the DC link inside the SPM has probably blown. Replace the SPM. This alarm may be caused by the following: (a) Power lead short-circuited to ground. (b) Motor winding short-circuited to ground. (c) IGBT or IPM module failure. 2) If this PSM input magnetic contactor is once turned on and is turned off with this alarm when emergency stop is cancelled or the CNC is started (when two spindles are connected, the magnetic contactor may not be turned off). (a) The DC link wire is not connected. (b) A cable is faulty. Pin 9 of the interface cable (JX1B-JX1A) between the PSM and SPM may be short-circuited to 0V. Replace the cable. (c) The fuse of the DC link inside the SPM has blown. Replace the SPM.

Good Luck,

JR
    JR Walcott
    Georgia Machine Tool Resources, LLC