585,722 active members*
4,490 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Coord rotation and multiple coord systems

Coord rotation and multiple coord systems

Hi fellas.

Anyone have an example of a program that uses multiple fixtures and multiple coord rotations?

Just got a job in with some tight tolerances, and their fixture was apparently built by someone very drunk ! Locations and rotations are all out of whack.

Should I map all of the rotations, store them as variables, then load the vars & call a G68 before each E instance ?

Is there a way that I can dial in the fixture's subplate ? So it will rotate the fixture nests based on the readings of the subplate only?

It would be a major PITA to have to dial in every nest when we load the subplate.

Thanks

071028-2151 EST USA

Shizzlemah:

I have no experience with your machine. However, the following may work for you.

Mount your fixture on the table against a pair of locating pins in a table slot. This is to square the fixture plate in a controlled fashion on the table.

Create a round hole in the fixture plate to serve as a reference point.

Indicate this hole and set G54 to the hole center. Next find the zero reference point for each fixture nest and record on paper the location for each nest relative to G54. Then determine the angular value for rotation for each nest.

I will assume you have G52 capability (Fanuc mode). If not then you have to change the approach. But it would be similar.

Before the first nest but after G54 is established load from in your program the values for G52 for the first nest zero reference point location. Go to that location. Now enter your rotation.

Now you can run an absolute program for this nest. Incremental mode is not required.

When done with the first nest you do not need to return to G54 0 location. Simply load G52 with the offsets from G54 to the second nest 0 reference location and go there. Apply the rotation for the second nest. Re-execute the absolute program, but now it is doing nest two.

And so on.

locationon

Quote Originally Posted by gar View Post
    071028-2151 EST USA
    <snip>
    I will assume you have G52 capability (Fanuc mode). If not then you have to change the approach. But it would be similar.
    <snip>
    Just a note, G52 works the same in both format 1 and format 2 (Fanuc mode).
    Safety - Quality - Production.