585,667 active members*
3,940 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Any info on a Digital Tools CNC Router?

Any info on a Digital Tools CNC Router?

Hello,

I bought a used Digital Tools Router and I am trying to find setup instructions for it. If anyone has any info they would be willing to pass on I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rick Kelley

bgcnc Guest
    Hey Rick, I have some info on these machines. I bought one in the late 80's as a kit. It was a 903 and used Lpt indexer as the software to run it. Later we upgraded to Microsystems CNC controller Dos version. We now use Microsystems Wincnc on machines we build. They machines are very good machines as a rule. Later when Digital Tool went out of business (bankrupted) some of the previous owners started DT Technology. They also had good machines. In many ways they were overbuilt. If your drivers are in a black or blue box that is from Anaheim automation you probably have a 1/2 stepper system. If the control software is by Microsystems it uses G-code and if could be either one if it is a LPT systems. Years ago I bought out a lot of there stock when they went out of business and I might have a few parts if you need them or at least tell you where to get them. Feel free to call me if you need any help. Bill Glenn @706-639-9177 or cell 706-463-0656 Hope you enjoy your machine.

Bill,

Thanks for the reply, I will be calling you asap.

Rick

Rick, I recently purchased a used 903 Digital Tool CNC Router also. I belive mine is a '95. I was able to get most of the manuals/ info regarding the machine. It's not too inclusive. But, it does contain some useful info. What controller does yours have? Mine is Microsystems WINCNC on a windows '98 platform. I was not able to get much info on it. If you had any I sure could use it. I have been setting this machine up over the last couple of months and could probably give you some good input/ info. Call if you want. John 859-255-4477

DIGITAL TOOL MANUAL

Gentlemen, we have an old Digital Tools Router here from about the same era, I have a PDF manual for it. Ours originally had dos version win cnc, have upgraded since, but archived the manual. If this would help any of you, let me know. Would be happy to pass it on. All hail the floppy disc!!!

John,

I enjoyed talking with you and really appreciate the help.

SCRAPWOTSCRAP,

I would like to get a copy of anything you have.

Thanks guys,

Rick

John,

we recently got an used Digital Tool CNC router and we need to get it up and running, I read you had some manuals, please let me know if you can pass some of the to me.

SCRAPWOTSCRAP,

I would like to get a copy of anything you have.

Thanks in advance.

Hebert Gonzalez
    619-819-2575x220

Quote Originally Posted by SCRAPWOTSCRAP View Post
    Gentlemen, we have an old Digital Tools Router here from about the same era, I have a PDF manual for it. Ours originally had dos version win cnc, have upgraded since, but archived the manual. If this would help any of you, let me know. Would be happy to pass it on. All hail the floppy disc!!!
    can you please tell me how this cnc moves? is it ball screw or pack and pinion? I can buy one from 1994.

Thank you

Mine is Rack and pinion.

Quote Originally Posted by xscsime View Post
    Mine is Rack and pinion.
    can you email me some pictures ... ?
    [email protected]

is yours 1994?

thank you

Digital Tool CNC Router

I am looking to purchase a Digital Tool CNC Router. The seller doesn't have much info on it. Does anyone have an owners manual that I could get from them. It's set up with DOS.

Please help if you can. Any info on this router would be helpful.

Thanks,
    Tim

conversion

What would it take to upgrade a digital tool router to todays standards? Like to use alphacam, mastercam or similar software?:banana:

Very little. If I remember correctly, the Anaheim Automation controller accepts step/dir signals, which means it would run directly from a PC with Mach 3 installed and a breakout board.
    If you try to make everything idiot proof, someone will just breed a better idiot!

Good to know, although I have already converted mine to gecko's.

Re: DIGITAL TOOL MANUAL

I know this is an old post but I have a digital tool cnc 903. I really could use your pdf manual if you still have it.

Re: DIGITAL TOOL MANUAL

I am looking for setup of a dr-903 with Mach3

Re: Any info on a Digital Tools CNC Router?

Xscime-

I think i have a lead on a used one that looks to be in great shape. I was planning on building my own, but I think this thing is probably a hell of a deal if it is working right.

If it's not working right- how hard was it to swap out to a Gecko board? Pretty plug and play?

Thanks in advance!
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by tkansascity View Post
    I am looking to purchase a Digital Tool CNC Router. The seller doesn't have much info on it. Does anyone have an owners manual that I could get from them. It's set up with DOS.

Please help if you can. Any info on this router would be helpful.

Thanks,
    Tim
    I am looking for Digital Routers any condition for retrofit.