584,849 active members*
4,540 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

PostHaste post editor

I have Gibbs along with posthaste. I have found a template in postehaste to run my Mazak. The problem is I do not know how to convert the .p3m file that is the PH template into a .pst file that is the Gibbs post. Anyone had some experiece with this?
    Thanks
    John
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm-Sir Winston Churchill

You cannot convert the Posthaste template to a Gibbs post.

How do you use the PostHaste file? Obviosly I can get a program into wordpad or other text editor, but it is not exactly convenient like the .pst files that I can use with Gibbs.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm-Sir Winston Churchill

Let me understand what you want to do. You are trying to post from Gibbs using the integrated Gibbs post processor, but want to use a Posthaste template? Posthaste and Gibbs compost are two completely different applications and neither one uses any component from the other.

To use Posthaste you execute the Posthaste plugin thats located in the plugin menu. A dialog window will open and you browse to the template you want to use and a location you want to put the posted file.

I was under the impresion that PostHaste was used to create post files for Gibbs. I have come to the conclusion that it is a standalone package that is capable of posting Gibbs files on its own. I guess the only way to post from Gibbs is to buy a Gibbs post or trade off with someone.

Posthaste is 3rd party software that is run in Gibbs through a plugin. You can post from either Posthaste or through Gibbs own integrated post processor. The major difference is you can modify or create your own Posthaste templates very easily on the fly, and modifying a Gibbs post requires use of their Compost software. The Gibbs post is more comprehensive than Posthaste but the Compost software is expensive.

What kind of Gibbs post do you need? Send me a PM.

GibbsCAM PostHASTE templates

I am in need of the folder path and file name to access the PostHASTE templates. Anyone have Gibbs open?

Thanks

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Gibbs\GibbsCAM\9.5.20\PostHASTE

Hey guys thought I would jump in here. I am having a bad time finding a post for my Arrow 750 it has an Acramatic 2100e control by Vickers. I'm running Master cam X3 I tried to get it from the dealer but he insists I upgrade to X4 I can't afford the money to upgrade and buy the post right now. Im really stuck. It looks like I will have to attempt to Mod. a post I have or write one my self. I don't know were to begin. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Sudgested reading ? Any ideas ? I do some pretty complex 3d surface machining and programing at the control is out of the question. I just bought two of these machines at a great price and like an A$$ thought I could just call the dealer and get a post in a snap. I thought wrong.
    Thanks Ron

There is an Acramatic 2100 post processor that comes with MasterCAM v9, when you bring it into MasterCAM X3 it should update it to X3 version...pm me if you would like the post processor