585,727 active members*
3,999 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > 15" Color LCD Monitor W/USB Port

15" Color LCD Monitor W/USB Port

HAAS offers a 15" Color LCD Monitor W/USB Port as an option on the TM-1-TM-1P mills.

I was just wondering if anyone here had recently purchased that option and how they liked it. Any positives or negatives.

Thanks in advance for your valued input.

John

New control software

Haas has new software out with the 15" monitor. The new software is very ... very nice .. more simpler than before. It will get a little time to get use to .. but basically everything is the same .. just with some improvements and different look. On Haascnc.com they have a presentation on it. http://www.haascnc.com/controlgui/

I have the 15" screen and the USB port on my TM-1P and think they are great. This is my first CNC machine so I have no standard of comparison. If you have looked at the new Haas software in the thread above this one, and most likely the software that would come with your new machine, you will see that they are putting a lot of information on the screen simultaneously. It looks to me like the 15" screen would almost be a requirement with this software, especially if your eyes have more then 50 years of wear and tear on them.

Vern

Smile 15" Color LCD Monitor W/USB Port

HAILINHAAS

I just returned from a little side trip to my local HAAS Dealer here in Tampa, Florida.

They were very helpful and gave me a demo on a HAAS TM series toolroom mill.

I found out that the 15" Color LCD Monitor W/USB Port is now standard on the TM series machines.

I had a bunch of questions and both the Service Manager and HAAS Applications Engineer readily supplied the answers.

They invited me to their HAAS Demo on November 7, 2007 at which they will have several of their machines running and their Applications Engineers will be available to answer any of my questions. Even lunch and a free T-Shirt. What a deal!

I appreciate your link to the video as it was also very informative.

Vern,

I have those 61 year old eyes and know what you mean. The display looked very sharp and I really liked the interface. I got a demo of a HAAS TM-1P running last week and really enjoyed watching it run a series of parts on a pallet.

As usual you guys here on CNC Zone are the best.

John