584,829 active members*
4,812 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Help Please:- Stepper Not Changing Direction

Help Please:- Stepper Not Changing Direction

Hi

I have nearly finished the control side of my router build, I have had my stepper motors running ( not connected to anything mechanical just running on my bench) everything seemed ok so started to concentrate on the mechanical design/build. I have not had my steppers running for a while so tonight I thought I would give them a run, I am using Mach 3, Gecko 210's,
    CNC4PC breakout board, all the settings in MACH 3 for all three drives are exactly the same. I started to jog the axis one at time +/- direction when I noticed that my X axis was not changing direction from + to - I held down the - direction key the DRO in MACH was saying it was going in a - direction then the motor locked up, I released the key and pressed the - key again this time it went in the - direction. I then pressed the + key the motor changed direction no problem, pressed the - key again the motor continued to go in the + direction then locked again.

The above problem only seems to be when changing from the + direction to the - direction and only on my x axis.

The first thing I tried was changing the motor, problem still persisted. I then changed the Step/Direction pins in MACH 3 from my X axis to my Y axis (thinking behind this was to eliminate my PC and breakout board) the problem still persisted but now obviously when I press the Y axis button.

The only common thing that I can think of at the moment, is the Geko drive unless someone out there has had a similar problem and can point me in a different direction and hopefully help me rectify the problem.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Sorted

Thanks to Jerry (CJL5585) the above problem now seems to be sorted.

THANKS JERRY :banana: