585,954 active members*
3,964 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: BP functions

BP functions

How do you use the mist coolant feature on a series I BP mill? I've connected air and run M7. What am I missing?

There should be 2 valve adjusters on the spray head. One for air velocity and one for fluid volume. Beyond that, there could be a clog or a bad relay. Unless someone set it up to use a different M code like flood, as in M8.

Can you activate the solenoid valve manually?

DC

The relay sounds like it could be the culprit since nothing seems to happen when I command it on. Any more information on where that relay is located/how it's wired?
    Ian

I do not know about your particular machine or its control. Maybe Al the Man or Machintek will chime in. If you have a schematic, it should show up there some place.

My comments were more general.

So M8 or possibly syntax of M07 or M08 still does nothing?

About all you can do is trace the wires from the solenoid valve to find which output drives the thing, then go from there. If there were parameters that setup which M code drives which output, you could verify that easy enough. You may never hear the relay since they are sometimes very small PC board mounted, but you could check for voltage at the solenoid.

DC

specifically what machine with what control?

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Series I Bridgeport with a Boss 6 control. Thanks

Ian

I do remember that a boss 6 had a plug on the side of the control for flood coolant. This also required the SCA board (spindle coolant arrest). I do not remember a switch so it must be turned on with an M function and will shut off when the spindle shuts off. If the BIJUR air mist unit was used, it had a solenoid in it such that it could use the flood coolant output to turn on and off.
    The flood option is shown in the rear of the maintenance manual. I believe a parts list of the mist unit is also shown.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)