585,729 active members*
4,633 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC4PC Boards

What's the difference between their breakout board and the parallel interface card. For safety sake would it be better to go with the interface card or save the money and run the breakout board? Money isn't the issue since it's only about 25 dollars. I just don't want to put something in that's not really needed. I'm making a 3 axis CNC Router.

Well I used their C-10 bidirectional breakout board in my conversion of a old techno isel router. Just a couple of things I liked is the fact that the board can take voltage from like 3.3 v to 5 v, the pull down resistors on the input circuits leave no open air connections, and jumper options add versatility for expansion. And like you said it's only 25.49 for me it was a no brainer.
    Jack&Master

Suppose it also depends on which axis cards you'll use. For example, the xylotex board doesn't require/need a BOB -- unless you're gonna put a couple together and need a way to get all the LPT headers sorted out.
    I went with the less expensive and am putting 2x 3 axis Xylotex together to get to 6.
    :cheers: Jim

BTW the cnc4pc guys were real quick with questions and support
    Experience is the BEST Teacher. Is that why it usually arrives in a shower of sparks, flash of light, loud bang, a cloud of smoke, AND -- a BILL to pay? You usually get it -- just after you need it.