585,981 active members*
4,470 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal Orientation failure

Fadal Orientation failure

'94 VMC 6030-S.2 has no problem when given an M19, at any speed. S.1 has to have the orientation factor as low as 2, otherwise the spindle will occillate CW CCW until 'orientation failure. Cleaned connections and card at slot 14. Checked hall effect switch (DI,DS), and made the gap as small as possible between it and the magnet. No change. Separate(but maybe not) problem is that a 'C Axis fault-motor overload' message was generated 3x during operation on another shift. Anyway, orientation with .2 but not with .1?

There is a parameter setting that can be used to adjust the orientation senitivity. SETP command gets you to the the paramenter setting pages where that setting can be found. The factory setting for the machine is written in the inside back of control panel door. The paramener is called ORIENTATION FACTR: and it will have a setting number range. The user manual recommends this should be only be adjusted by a factory service tech. But should you try to make this adjustment only change it by 1 up or down and test to see how it affects the orientation. Then adjust by 1 increment at a time and test again until it works best. Should you find the adjustment is different than the factory setting recorded in the back before you made any adjustments you might try the original setting first. (Keeping note as to what it was.)
    Safety - Quality - Production.

Thanks Paul. '2' seems to be all the more I can set the 'factor'. I recently had a Yaskawa g7 installed, and the company thinks that the orientation and the 'C axis ' fault are related, and are shipping me another inverter. This machine has yet another problem, and I put a thread out for help.

I re-read your original post and I missed your reference to the 2 in your prarameter setting referenced. So I told you what you had already knew.
    Safety - Quality - Production.

update-problem resolved

I have been notified that there may problems with the inverter, and I will be replacing it

update- problem resolved by replacing the Yaskawa G7 with an Advanced Motion Control vector servo amp. Orientation factor for both high and low belt is at the factory setting '5'.The Yaskawa was the cheaper unit, at the time of initial replacement,but was problematic. The company that did the install warranted that drive with the Advanced unit.